Baseball wins the Cafe Challenge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Baseball wins the Cafe Challenge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warpigs » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:18 pm

From my calculations, there is more than one FFC side team alive yet. My team still has a shot at the playoffs, as does surging Canacuna. We're both at 6-7, while Mookie and Hattori Hanzo Swords both have records of 6-6-1. Losses by both baseball guys would open the door for either Canacuna or myself to slide into the fourth playoff position. My point is to not count out the 'Cuna, because he's playing strong overall right now.

Also, what disappointed me in this league was the pathetically small amount of trades. I have a feeling that if this was run in yahoo, the league would have been more active trade and WW-wise. I'm not making excuses, but crossover was definitely hard to get used to.

And don't worry -- I'll be more than ready to dominate the baseball side of the equation! ;-D
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:10 pm

Warpigs wrote:From my calculations, there is more than one FFC side team alive yet. My team still has a shot at the playoffs, as does surging Canacuna. We're both at 6-7, while Mookie and Hattori Hanzo Swords both have records of 6-6-1. Losses by both baseball guys would open the door for either Canacuna or myself to slide into the fourth playoff position. My point is to not count out the 'Cuna, because he's playing strong overall right now.

Also, what disappointed me in this league was the pathetically small amount of trades. I have a feeling that if this was run in yahoo, the league would have been more active trade and WW-wise. I'm not making excuses, but crossover was definitely hard to get used to.

And don't worry -- I'll be more than ready to dominate the baseball side of the equation! ;-D

I included your team when I posted the rosters that are still alive. :-?
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warpigs » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:19 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Warpigs wrote:From my calculations, there is more than one FFC side team alive yet. My team still has a shot at the playoffs, as does surging Canacuna. We're both at 6-7, while Mookie and Hattori Hanzo Swords both have records of 6-6-1. Losses by both baseball guys would open the door for either Canacuna or myself to slide into the fourth playoff position. My point is to not count out the 'Cuna, because he's playing strong overall right now.

I know -- my point at the time was that you didn't include Canacuna -- who had a small shot at making the playoffs at that time. However, right now, it's not looking good.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:08 am

Warpigs wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I know -- my point at the time was that you didn't include Canacuna -- who had a small shot at making the playoffs at that time. However, right now, it's not looking good.

Then let me say my apologies. I thought that I included everyone with any chance.
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby Warpigs » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:13 am

No problem at all. You did a great job of listing people and I personally appreciate you taking the time to list rosters of teams remaining. Makes it easier for non-league members to follow the action.

Overall, it's looking very close for the final playoff spot. After yesterday's action, it's looking like it will be down to Hogtown Thugz (Mookie) and myself. However, a tie earlier in the season looks like it will secure the position for Mookie. It's pretty close!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:21 pm

If it stays as it is right now, it looks like the Dark Side won the season series with a record of 44-37-3. The points are still to be determined. :-°
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:18 pm

Looks like it will probably be an all baseball final. I'm down 9 in the semi's going into the MNF game. I've got Branch left and my opponent has NE defense. But defenses get a TON of pts with this scoring.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:32 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Looks like it will probably be an all baseball final. I'm down 9 in the semi's going into the MNF game. I've got Branch left and my opponent has NE defense. But defenses get a TON of pts with this scoring.

You're UP 9, unless im missing something.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:41 pm

Congrats to the Thugs for knocking me off. I got a royal spanking this week. :-°
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:53 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Looks like it will probably be an all baseball final. I'm down 9 in the semi's going into the MNF game. I've got Branch left and my opponent has NE defense. But defenses get a TON of pts with this scoring.

You're UP 9, unless im missing something.

Yeah I meant to say up 9, not down 9. Defenses usually score around 20 in this league though so I'm not holding my breath. Plus TO won't play next week so that would hurt even if I do pull off a win.

Hattori or whatever his name his looks like he'll be tough to beat in the championship regardless who he plays. Didn't he start out like 1-6 or something? Nice comeback.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk