lineup dilemma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

lineup dilemma

Moderator: Football Moderators

lineup dilemma

Postby higherbudget » Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:51 pm

dont kno much football, so plz help me here

i have jake plummer as a qb, but i heard that he might struggle this week, should i bench him in favor of rodney peete or jim miller (both on FA)?

also, i have deion branch n i heard he's good from what i've read on previous posts. but i have to bench either donald driver or d'wayne bates or quincy morgan or ed mccaffrey to start branch.

thanks for your help
higherbudget
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ssmith7289 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:51 pm

I like both Driver and Bates this week, as for Morgan I think he was a one week wonder, hope this helps!
If you knew there was no tomorrow, how would you play today?
ssmith7289
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: lineup dilemma

Postby Dutchdawg » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:56 pm

Not Peete; but I would consider Miller. He is solid. I'd probably play him over Jake
Dutchdawg

Friendliness: %

Re: Dilemma

Postby DraftDodger » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:27 pm

Miller and Peete are both good, but it has been very rare for Peete (or almost any modern scrambler) to put up alot of yards or TDs. Peete is safe; he won't throw many INTs, but Miller has more upside, which is generally what you look for in a fantasy player.

I am a big fan of young Jerry Rice. Oops. I mean Deion Branch. The kid has afterburners and some sweet moves. Sometime this year you will see him take a dump pass 80 yards for a TD. Why not this week against a pathetic pass defense?

McCaffrey doesn't impress me, and Morgan probably won't see much of the ball once the injured Couch hurries back to stave off the attack on his starting position by Kelly Holcomb. 5 TDs and no INTs and the Browns are thinking about letting Couch back??? How much better could Holcomb play? The "you can't lose your starting job to injury" days are over. Just ask Drew Bledsoe. The object is to put your best guy on the field, and if that's Kelly Holcomb, do it.

Wait for a favorable matchup to play Plummer. When it looks good for Thomas Jones, it will look very good for Jake Plummer.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:12 pm

Miller is gimpy & faces a tough Saints pass D.Peete isn't the long-term answer but he will post decent #'s against weak Viking pass D.Long-term fix is Miller,short-term is Peete.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:15 pm

Oh yeah,Quincy Morgan may have had best game of season but is not a 1 game wonder.He will produce,not as a fantasy starter but he is a good back-up.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk