Who is the MVP out of running backs this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the MVP out of running backs this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:31 am

It's either Curtis Martin or Tiki Barber.

Barber has really turned his career around this year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:38 am

Tiki has been crap with Eli behind center. Considering they are going to play 4 more games with Eli, I cannot consider Tiki close to being MVP unless something amazing happens.

You can't be an MVP if you suck the second half of the season.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:43 am

Eli took over 3 weeks ago against Atlanta.
Tiki ran for over 100 yards against both Atlanta and Philly. He struggled against Washington this past weekend but who hasn't this year. I wouldn't say he is having a poor second half.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby vdragon78 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:43 am

killiansjmd wrote:It's either Curtis Martin or Tiki Barber.

Barber has really turned his career around this year.

yup -- but he's not going to be good for you for the playoff run -- Eli is killin' him. He's been facing 8+ man fronts the last 2 games, and that trend will continue till the end of the season.

he has a brutal 3 game stretch..

at Washington
at Baltimore
vs Pittsburgh

maybe week 16 against Cincy he'll do ok.
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:50 am

killiansjmd wrote:I wouldn't say he is having a poor second half.

"Barber was on pace to shatter Marshall Faulk's record for scrimmage yards in a season (2,429), that is, until Manning was named the starter. The versatile back has averaged 96 all-purpose yards and has no touchdowns with the rookie under center. He averaged 154.4 yards and scored 10 times with Kurt Warner at the helm."

Coupled with the fact that he has a BRUTAL schedule coming up, he will most likely have a very disappointing second half.

Plus, the Giants stink. MVPs should go to someone helping a team win.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:01 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:"Barber was on pace to shatter Marshall Faulk's record for scrimmage yards in a season (2,429), that is, until Manning was named the starter. The versatile back has averaged 96 all-purpose yards and has no touchdowns with the rookie under center. He averaged 154.4 yards and scored 10 times with Kurt Warner at the helm."

at week 9 Tiki was my pick hands down, he was on his way to a record breaking season, really worked hard in the off season to fix the problems he was having(fumbling, still hasnt lost a fumble might i had), and was leading the giants to the playoffs. however manning really screwed him over and while he had an awesome first half i dont think he could still be in the running with the second half hes been having.
because of all that i would pick CMART, hes meant so much to his team and is putting up great numbers this year. my sleeper MVP would be edge, in all the madness that is peytons year, hes put up great numbers (only 14 yards and 2 TDs behind CMART) and is still an intergral part of his teams game plan.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:38 pm

the answer is a tandem IMO. it should go to staley/bettis. without those two, big ben doesn't win 10 straight.

to the westbrook query -- he can't be. he is awesome, but now, it seems like mcnabb, to and westbrook are codependent (which is really the point).

way too much to account for with those three. especially since westbrook can catch, and donovan can run, and you have to double team to. to unpredictable and explosive.

if the tandem didn't fly, I would probably have to say curtis martin. no tiki the team is on the skids, whereas they weren't without kurt warner. the hundred against the eagles wasn't all that considering they got pasted, and we know the falcons have an overrated d.

i'd say: steelers rb's, curtis, LT would be my order of finish.

fantasy: curtis. relative to where he was drafted, he has got to be a common ingredient on the winning fantasy teams.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:40 pm

Shaun Alexander has helped achor my team into first place in one money league(it also helps to have Peyton too!)

In my other league, C-Mart has been solid all year long ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:02 pm

Curtis Martin
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:14 pm

eaglesrule wrote:the answer is a tandem IMO. it should go to staley/bettis. without those two, big ben doesn't win 10 straight.

Yeah, but then you have to start mentioning their o-line and the two great WRs he has to throw to. It's really hard to point out a single offensive MVP for Pitt because they have some many good players from Faneca to Burress.

To be honest, I can't think of a single team this year that has lost a step after the loss of their RB. Well Carolina lost SD early and they haven't recovered until recently. Maybe he's the true RB MVP.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk