Who is the MVP out of running backs this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the MVP out of running backs this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Challie » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:23 pm

I think it's Shaun Alexander, even in real life. Granted, the team is struggling. But they're still in playoff contention, Hasselbeck hasn't looked good, the LB injuries have decimated the defense. Without SA, the Hawks could be 2-10. His numbers in their wins have been tremendous, he's carried that team.

Just a thought.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Osk » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:00 am

i think it's corey dillon. sure, the pats were dominant last year. but THIS YEAR, whenever dillon has been out, they seem vulnerable. I think with dillon, the pats will win the superbowl. Without him, they would have no chance.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby cruiz03 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:08 pm

It is sad to see how much Payton has overshadowed the GREAT year that E. James has had. You can talk all you want about Martin and Dillon, but James CAN'T be stoped. If it was not for play action and the success of James, the team would not do as well as they have.

IMO, James is the MVP of RB's.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Challie wrote:I think it's Shaun Alexander, even in real life. Granted, the team is struggling. But they're still in playoff contention, Hasselbeck hasn't looked good, the LB injuries have decimated the defense. Without SA, the Hawks could be 2-10. His numbers in their wins have been tremendous, he's carried that team.

Just a thought.

couldnt agree more. i really like what curtis martin has done this year, but it seems like those handful of games that lamont jordan has came in, he has also produced...which makes me feel like without curtis, it wouldnt be as good, but they will still be ok as a team. alexander has carried seattle. he actually could have better numbers than he has is he didnt have such a dumb A coach calling plays
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:48 pm

I definitely think Cmart has been the Most Valuable running back to his team. He's been a yardage fiend this season as usual and has also been scoring like crazy. He held up the Jets when Pennington was hurt and has played even better with him back. There's no way the Jets would be 9-4 without him.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Turnip » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:55 pm

A note on Tiki, I own him so I have seen the real effect of Eli on Tiki's numbers. These are his points in my league, from Week 1 to Week 14:

BYE

----- ELI starts

He has 1 game below 20 before Eli starts, and all 4 of his games have been below 20 with Eli starting. I don't think the QB change is the only reason, but I think it's had a severe impact.

My real life MVRB is probably Shaun Alexander.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:41 pm

If you're talking about the entire season, it's got to be Shaun Alexander.

As of late, the rookie Jones boys have stepped up, but there's no doubt that the mid-season to end of the season MVP is McGahee.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Fern » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:07 pm

nice homer picks (Westbrook?? lol)

Cmart all the way.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk