Bell to steal carries from Droughns? Any concerns here? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bell to steal carries from Droughns? Any concerns here?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bell to steal carries from Droughns? Any concerns here?

Postby nbay23 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:10 pm

There are reports that Bell will be the change of pace back for Denver. How will this affect Droughns? Will he lose many carries? I have both, but this doesn't bode well for Droughns owners as myself. Any thoughts?
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:36 pm

I don't see it being a problem... he will just get third down carries etc. The only potential problem is if he does too well and droughns gets the boot.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:46 pm

I also don't think it's going to be a big deal. He'll probably just get 4-8 touches per game to keep Droughns fresh. Droughns might be getting a little tired since this his the most carries he has ever had in his career.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby quickm0ng00se » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:27 pm

If you are starting Droughns, I would be more worried about Denver falling out of playoff contention. As of right now they are hanging on in the wildcard race, by a hair. As long as they are in, they will stick with the proven back. Should they fall out entirely, they may give Bell more work. As of right now...Bell will most likely see less than 10 touches as Killians said.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RubeRiot » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:03 pm

No matter how well Bell plays, I don't think he'll have any chance at stealing the Starter position. He wont get many carries.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:21 pm

Well... we will have to see if todays game puts a new spin on this question from Wednesday.

Bell- 17 carries for 123 yards and 2 TDs
Droughns- 18 carries for 62 yards and 0 TDs

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:12 am

quickm0ng00se wrote:Well... we will have to see if todays game puts a new spin on this question from Wednesday.

Bell- 17 carries for 123 yards and 2 TDs
Droughns- 18 carries for 62 yards and 0 TDs

T

Yes. I'm officially worried. :-°
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:25 am

in case you haven't heard, bell is most likely out for the season with a shoulder injury....I picked him up and then dropped him...shucks...

fanball.com
Dec 13 Tatum Bell suffered a sprained shoulder on Sunday, the same day he had a career game by rushing for 123 yards and two touchdowns against the Dolphins. Bell replaced Reuben Droughns in the first quarter after Droughns was benched for fumbling twice on the team's opening drive. The sprained shoulder will keep Bell out the next few weeks and may end his season.
Views: Head coach Mike Shanahan did not give Droughns another chance to be the featured back until Bell got hurt, so clearly the fumbles have caused Shanahan to lose confidence in Reuben. He may not have any other choice but to give Droughns another chance next week, as Bell will not be an option and Quentin Griffin is lost for the season with a torn ACL.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:27 am

Thanks, hadn't heard. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby defianthart » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:37 am

gatorman1122 wrote:in case you haven't heard, bell is most likely out for the season with a shoulder injury....I picked him up and then dropped him...shucks...

fanball.com
Dec 13 Tatum Bell suffered a sprained shoulder on Sunday, the same day he had a career game by rushing for 123 yards and two touchdowns against the Dolphins. Bell replaced Reuben Droughns in the first quarter after Droughns was benched for fumbling twice on the team's opening drive. The sprained shoulder will keep Bell out the next few weeks and may end his season.
Views: Head coach Mike Shanahan did not give Droughns another chance to be the featured back until Bell got hurt, so clearly the fumbles have caused Shanahan to lose confidence in Reuben. He may not have any other choice but to give Droughns another chance next week, as Bell will not be an option and Quentin Griffin is lost for the season with a torn ACL.

yeah i picked him up too i just cant find anyone to replace him
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk