Anybody else notice fewer postings here lately? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anybody else notice fewer postings here lately?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anybody else notice fewer postings here lately?

Postby Challie » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:40 pm

I suppose some GMs are out of playoff contention and have stopped needing info here. But it's just starting to feel like college late in the semester when the campus is more empty since most have stopped going to class.

Just an observation.

Now here's a question: What percentage of FFCafe denizens picked up either Droughns, JJ or both this season? I would imagine a pretty high one. Just another tribute to the latest info here giving you a leg up.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:47 pm

i didnt manage to nab either of those guys, as i have a couple of true vultures in my money league...and yes, ive noticed a dropoff in posts also
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:51 pm

There is definitely a drop off in posts which is probably attributed to the regular season being over. If you're not in the playoffs, head over the baseball cafe!

I wonder if it has anything to with the reconfigured forums...
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby vdragon78 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:55 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i didnt manage to nab either of those guys, as i have a couple of true vultures in my money league...

by vultures you mean 'good managers'? ;-D
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:55 pm

BeefSandwiches wrote:There is definitely a drop off in posts which is probably attributed to the regular season being over. If you're not in the playoffs, head over the baseball cafe!
I wonder if it has anything to with the reconfigured forums...

Don't spread that propaganda over here.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:59 pm

I still have Julius Jones and i traded away Droughns.

Yes, I also noticed the drop in posts I havent been here for an offseason yet but I cant imagine how much it dies down.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:01 pm

ljthockey wrote:I still have Julius Jones and i traded away Droughns.

Yes, I also noticed the drop in posts I havent been here for an offseason yet but I cant imagine how much it dies down.

The offseason is way better than the regular season at the Cafe, you only get good, hardcore posters here and you are mad prepared for your drafts months before everyone else. Plus there aren't a billion people that only come here to complain and ask who they should start.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:54 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
ljthockey wrote:I still have Julius Jones and i traded away Droughns.

The offseason is way better than the regular season at the Cafe, you only get good, hardcore posters here and you are mad prepared for your drafts months before everyone else. Plus there aren't a billion people that only come here to complain and ask who they should start.

Amen, brother! I mean, it's cool that a lot of people want help, but the people that are here always planning for next year are like the guys in the NFL who constantly work to get better and be ready for next year (and not let themselves get all flabby and out of shape :-b).

The posting in here is definitely down during the week, and I'm sure it's due to most teams being out of contention. But, there will also be a high volume of people on Sundays wanting help for the fantasy playoffs. There were close to 200 people here again last week at 12:45. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:09 pm

Yep, its that time of year again, its funny because I was just saying the other day how much the Cafe grew this year and now the playoffs hit and we trail off, though not like before, were still getting lots of visitors.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:15 pm

Ive definately noticed a drop off in quality posts. Posts in general are a bit down too I think. I joined during the offseason and thats when I came to love the cafe. If I joined midseason Im not sure Id be here every day. Like CC says, only the pros are here in the offseason.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk