Commish Problem-Gone too far? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commish Problem-Gone too far?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commish Problem-Gone too far?

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:43 pm

Okay- This may be long, so grab a soda or , find a comfortable position, and open your eyes.

A few days ago, one team in my FF league (the commish's team) decided to make an all-dallas FF team because playoff spots were already clinched, so the season was pretty much over. He had everyone for Dallas except Julius Jones, who was on my team. So he proposed a trade to me, which was Priest Holmes and Todd Heap for JJ, which I declined knowing that Priest was most likely out for the season. He got really mad at me for declining the trade that he decided to entirely lock me out of the league. This means that I can't make starter/bench changes, trades, WW grabs, message posting, or anything else that has to do with the league. He now has the ability to grab anyone he wants from my team and put it on his team. Since 2:45, I've lost JJ, Joe Horn, Michael Pittman, Brees, Plummer, Muhammad, and Gates, and more to come. I have two leagues with the same friends, so I emailed them asking if they thought it was wrong. Most of them already me (in FF) and don't even care. What should I do? There is nothing that I can do to fix it other than to persudae him to change it. If you think this is unfair, please reply to this topic or (preferably) send me a pm (mtryanks12) so I can sorta make a petition against him.

;-D :~(
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:45 pm

This is beyond ridiculous. You know exactly what to do -

Tell him is an idiot and a f'n baby and quit the league. Tread carefully with friends but NEVER play in this league again.
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:46 pm

What a baby, sounds like this guy ruined the league long before this by trading away his good players for players from Dallas. This guy is a punk and this league isn't worth your time. Find some new people to play with next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:49 pm

if you're out of the playoffs, then i hope that this wouldn't be a problem with you-however, i gather from the tone of your post that you are in the playoffs, and that sort of behavior is just unaccecptable. I wouldn't know what to do if money was involved in the league, but if it isn't then just drop the league (preferrably get some friends to go with you) and aviod this guy in the future.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby big shot » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:49 pm

grow some balls and punch him in the face
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:50 pm

Sounds like he put together a solid strategy.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:50 pm

big shot wrote:grow some balls and punch him in the face

...would be hard to do if his league was organized over the internet.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:51 pm

Just so everyone knows, I'm on an 11 game wining streak in the league, but that still doesn't mean that he can do such things, because it will hurt me in the plyoffs.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:55 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Sounds like he put together a solid strategy.

I actually laughed out loud at this. That's freaking hilarious. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:58 pm

note: the guys in the league are all friends from my school, and the commish is my best friend in the league, but he is sorta two-faced: nice then bitchy. this is when he gets in one of those bad moods when he needs someone, and he does anytthing for whatever to go his way.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk