Commish Problem-Gone too far? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commish Problem-Gone too far?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Commish » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:06 am

This is too funny....
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:45 pm

Bowie wrote:If no one else in the league cares, than drop out. It sounds like the rest of your league doesn't really care about the competition of FF, rather they are into busting balls and messing around. That is fine for them, I just wouldn't go anywhere near that league again.

You keep referring to these guys as friends. Do they know they are your friends? I can't seem to decide if they don't like you or if they just like messing with you. I always wondered the same thing about Screech from Saved By The Bell.

They just like messing with me. Unfortunately, in Private Yahoo leagues, you can't drop out, and I went 11-1, so I don't want to. I'm on a 11 game winning streak, and this "locking" might ruin my playoffs because my players were all in the wrong spots and stuff when he locked me.

I just thought of a great idea! He says that he will unlock me if I give him JJ for Priest, but Priest just got on the IR. I cna call him up and say that I will accept the trade, but I have to be unlocked to accept it, so he will unlock me. I will make my changes and all that until he notices that I've been messing with him, and then he'll lock me back up again, and I'll just do the same thing over and over. Does that sound good???
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bowie » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:54 pm

You may as well. If he is going to push you, you have every right to push back. It will be interesting to see if he has the guts to change your line-up back simply because you won't trade a good running back for one on IR.
Obviously, if you like the league you should stick with it. It just seems so over the top. I can see a commish abusing power, but the fact that everyone else in the league backed him up is worrysome.

Note: The Screech/nobody likes you comment was just a joke. It seems like you took it that way, but I wanted to make sure.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:49 pm

Important News: He just unlocked me ffrom the league, but he took jones from me and gave me blalock in return with the giant's 3rd string QB :-? He won't give me jones back but he said thta he would offer to steal a player from another team for me. What should I think of this??? I wanted James, but he said no, so I said McGhee, and he said maybe. What should I think of this?? Unofrtunately he outsmarted me and my trick (see earlier post), but I don't know if I should steal.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:02 pm

So wait, after bitching about him locking you out and taking your players you're going to be ok with him STEALING another player from another team???

Wow
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The_Commish » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:28 pm

The_Commish wrote:This is too funny....

Ok now it's just sad.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:16 am

Gnu314 wrote:So wait, after bitching about him locking you out and taking your players you're going to be ok with him STEALING another player from another team???

Wow

I said that I wasn't really ok with it, and I asked for your guys opinions.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gnu314 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:26 am

No way in hell should that be acceptable.

I wouldn't play in this league ever again if I were you, but no you can't reinforce his bad behavior by writing it off on someone else.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bowie » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:13 am

I don't care if these guys are friends, this league is pathetic. Don't forget, FF is about rules. If your commish is willing to totally disregard the rules on a whim (like starting an all Dallas line-up and stealing players to do it) you may as well just talk about football and let him arbitrarily assign points. What is the point of the draft ect.?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby priano » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:02 pm

did we get the answer to how old everyone in this league is yet?
go Pats!!!!
priano
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: 8-5 in the Cape Cod TVFL and riding Peyton into the playoffs.....

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk