Best Trade Timing You've Shown This Season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Trade Timing You've Shown This Season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Trade Timing You've Shown This Season

Postby Challie » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:33 pm

Not talking about WW pickups, just trades.

My league doesn't trade that much. But I dealt A-Train after his one good week for Crumpler right before he went on a tear.

Let's hear of some well-timed trades on your part.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:46 pm

lotta luck involved....but an easy choice to make as far as my best trade of the year...

prior to week 5 (philly had bye that week) ...I traded Randy Moss and Westbrook (both healthy at that time)....for the rights to Shaun Alexander, Lelie and Morton

mind you ...that that particular owner will likely never trade with me again for a few years
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby defianthart » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:57 pm

i traded mewelde moore like 3 days before he got injured for dominic davis the week he came back. since then mewelde moore got 1 point and dominic davis has gotten 69 points, advantage - me
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:59 pm

I traded Q. Griffen and Dom Davis to get Shaun Alexander when he was hurt. Best move I have ever made!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:31 pm

I am in a keeper league (yr 9).

I had kept Ricky before he retired... and couldn't go back to my roster to keep another player (Chad Johnson).

So I drafted and traded around needing to replace Ricky's previous production (Clinton Portis... although until this past week, his has been questionable).

Anyway... I kept Ricky all yr hoping for an 05' return... so I could deal him for a draft pick(s). Finally right before out deadline, someone jumped on him by dealing him to me for a 2005 1st Rd pick. In light of the recent revelation about him not returning... I got a 1st Rd pick for squat.

We keep 6 players from year to year... so the pick isn't overly valuable. But it will help to get a nice # 3 RB or # 2 WR. Especially coming to me for free ! ;-D
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Main Event » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:45 pm

Yea i had one that went the other way. During Jamal Lewis's suspension i traded B. Westbrook (1 td at that point) to get Lewis, cuz the guy who had Lewis was desperate for a RB. It looked like a steal at the time especailly considering that was the week when B. Westbrook banged up his ribs. Well needless to say the past 2 weeks westbrook has scored 5 td's and lewis has been hurt....I guess im getting what i deserve though for trying to rip the lewis owner off.
Main Event
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:40 pm

I made the best trade ever in the history of FF this season. The saturday before the week 11 games in which Jamal Lewis got hurt and Marvin broke out, I traded:

Jamal Lewis and Moulds for Marvin, Muhammad, and Pittman.

Since week 11, with week 11 numbers included, the players I received compared to the ones I sent have scored a combined 13 touchdowns to only 1. Eh....not bad. :-D :-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wannabthechamp » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:42 pm

Traded Priest the week before he got injured in a deal where I received Harrison, Mason and Chris Brown.
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:09 pm

Right before Big Ben became the starter and Ward was putting up number one stats I traded him and Penny for McNabb and McGahee...in a league in which QBs get 1 pt/10 yards and 6 pt TDs. I'm pretty happy. ;-)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:12 pm

Freddie Jones and Donte Stallworth for Witten right before his MNF game in a dynasty league, its been a rough year. ;-)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk