Best Trade Timing You've Shown This Season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Trade Timing You've Shown This Season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Rusman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:42 pm

RoxSox wrote:
Rusman wrote:I traded Hasselsuck and Thomas Jones for Manning between week 7 and 8.

Hasselsuck has continued to be the same, but week 8, Jones got hurt and was out for a few couple weeks. The week before, Manning started turning it up.

Advantage, me (and I'm hearing it from my fellow FFBers).

I hope you are talking about Eli and not peyton. That was a ridiculous trade to begin with.

No, I was talking about Peyton. You have to remember that I traded for him just before he went TD crazy. It was an even trade, stats wise, at the time. Sure it helped me more, but no one ever trades to hurt their team.
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby tman570 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:36 pm

Well I made no trades this year and ended up 10-3 with the best record. I really wish I dumped Q-tip after the first week, that would have been so sweet but I thought he might show good production all year long - what a mistake.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Shocker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:26 pm

in midseason i traded thomas jones and suggs for edge
The_Shocker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby patticus » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:32 pm

I traded Henry and S. Moss for Bettis (2 weeks before Staley went out) and Muhammad (the week after Muhammad had his last non-productive game, he's scored every week since but one)

at first I thought it was a weak deal but that move got me into the playoffs and knocked out the other guy, my closest competitor.
M. Bulger
J. Jones
M. Muhammad
An. Johnson
J. Wiggins
L. Suggs
D. Givens
J. Bettis
P. Dawson
San Diego

Bench
D. Garrard
J. Chatman
Q. Morgan
J. Lewis
D. Branch
B. Leftwich
patticus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Osk » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:16 am

in one league, i traded chris brown for chad johnson straight up (before the season started). at first, brown was putting up big numbers, and CJ wasn't.. but that's all changed.

in another league, just two or three weeks ago, i traded staley (i have 5 better RBs) for Todd Heap.. in this league, yards don't count much, but receptions do.. this trade might help me win a championship.

in another league, I traded dunn for dillon straight up.. i don't know what the other owner was smoking (actually, he was drinking that night), but he mentioned dunn and i hit him with an offer ASAP.. so now, with dillon, i've been scoring the most points the last two weeks in a row.

unfortunately, i did do a bad trade.. i traded mcgahee for suggs.. i thought suggs would blow up.. boy, was i wrong! =\
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby gavin256 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:25 pm

I have one for ya. In midseason, i traded delhomme for p. manning. I was satisified. I also traded marvin harrison for p. manning in one of my other leagues. They both worked out great. ;-D ;-D ;-D
Git-R-Done!!!!!!!!!
gavin256
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ydub » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:10 am

I play in a salary cap keeper league (Dynasty) and I traded Priest Holmes and McNair right after week 8 for Dillon, McAllister, Randy McMichael, Matt Stover and a 1st and 2nd round pick for 2005. Since then, I have dealt the 2nd round pick and Doug Gabriel for Carson Palmer and I packaged McMichael with Issac Bruce for Antonio Gates.
Not a bad haul....eh?
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk