Who is (will be) better? Roethlisberger or Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is (will be) better? Roethlisberger or Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is (will be) better? Roethlisberger or Palmer

Postby fantasizing » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:21 pm

Palmer's stats are slightly better than Roethis..... but Roeths is getting rave reviews because he's on a winning team.
So, who is better, who's got a brighter future? fantasy and real life.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:10 pm

well cincy was a winning team last year, and now ...

ben is winning now.

I still think he is overrated, but the drive the other night was sweet.

I think ben will be better. but tough to say.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:16 pm

eaglesrule wrote:well cincy was a winning team last year, and now ...

Well they were an 8-8 team last year. Cincy is 6-6 this year. This offense seems to have turned around faster than most had predicted. I remember when the Bengals were 1-4, people were calling for his head and cries of Jon Kitna filled the forums.

As far as who is better from here on out? Good question. Best question I've actually seen posted here in a while. I don't know. Palmer is in for a pretty good inaugural season, that's for sure.

Fantasy wise, I'd say Palmer could potentially be better since Cincy seems to want to pass more than Pitt.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:21 pm

people will probly argue..but i think palmer is better. big ben is talented..but he is surrounded by an awesome team...solid receivers, Rbs and defense. i believe that if him and palmer switched teams that palmer would be putting up awesome numbers. Ben on the other hand doesnt make as many typical rookie mistakes like palmer has when it comes to ints (palmer 17, ben 6) but i think as he matures that will decrease dramatically.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby just havin fun » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:50 pm

Big Ben is badass! There is no question about it. The stats aren't as good as Palmer's because he hasn't had to throw the ball, because they are always winning. The Bungals tend to play from behind, so Carson has the ability to pad his stats. Ben has an awesome arm. I have watched every game that he has played in and he is the REAL DEAL. I predict that they play from behind over the next few weeks and you will see what he is capable of. ;-D
just havin fun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Lung » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:04 pm

Ben will never excel as a fantasy quarterback as long as Pittsburgh retains thier current identity as a run-first, defense oriented ball club. I think the only way Ben is fantasy worthy is if the Steelers should decide to return to the late-2002 aerial assault style of team.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby CC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:05 pm

Big Ben should be a great NFL QB, but I think for the next 2 years at least Palmer is the better FF QB. I think he might have turned the corner against the Ravens. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Big test for Palmer this week at NE. I think we'll get to see what he's really made of.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jskidder » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:33 pm

i think in the long run palmer will have superior fantasy #'s, but ben will be a better nfl qb. i see palmer as more of a manning type qb (although not as good #'s) and ben as a brady type.
jskidder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:45 am

jskidder hit the nail on the head. We'll have to wait and see how Palmer develops but watching him play and watching Ben play hes definately got a lot more "star" potential and I think hes got more "talent" but Ben looks like hes got the leadership, coolness, and presence that will make him a winner. Thats not to say that Palmer might not be a winner some day soon.

On a side note: Everyone else notice how much of a thug Ben is? Like pretty much straight up...
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk