Who is (will be) better? Roethlisberger or Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is (will be) better? Roethlisberger or Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:47 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:Palmer=curse of the Heisman trophy

How many Heisman trophy winners had good NFL careers?
(ex-OJ Simpons, Ricky Williams, Eric Crouch, etc. )

Barry Sanders, Eddie George, Charles Woodson, Vinny Testaverde, Tim Brown... To name a few of the more recent ones.

;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:50 pm

That's a really bad argument. It's Palmer's first year starting and you say he's cursed already just because he won a college award? I guess Barry Sanders, Eddie George, Charles Woodson, OJ Simpson, Vinny T, Tim Brown, Dorsett, Ricky Williams, etc were all cursed.

Simply put, the Heisman is an award for the best college player. As most know, college football is a lot different than pro football. It's NOT the award for best NFL prospect.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:04 pm

I do think wins have to factor in here, it is an argument I use with donovan and brady, gotta use it here. Ben does not make a lot of mistakes -- that is a fact, and is an important part of being a good qb.

I really don't think anywone was thinking the steelers were superbowl contenders before big ben arrived on the scene. and correct me if I am wrong, but the general makeup of the team is pretty much unchanged, no?

And for even a rookie to have that kind of composure -- his success is making the crucible worse I would think, says something.

If these are his "growing pains", what is it going to be like when he can open it up a bit?
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:24 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:

Barry Sanders, Eddie George, Charles Woodson, Vinny Testaverde, Tim Brown... To name a few of the more recent ones.

;-D

Don't forget Desmond Howard!! He has a SB ring!!
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:25 pm

Pete123444 wrote:no quarterback has ever done what Ben has done this season. not manning,marino,elway,montana,young, well nobody. and no quarterback has ever been rookie of the year.....yet.

i cant believe y'all say that palmer has better stats??

in passer rating,ben is 4th,palmer 27th(behind rattay,harrington,volek and yes collins)

palmer has more stats not better stats. his def isnt the steelers.

palmer has only 2 more td's than ben with almost twice as many pass attempts.

only about 700 more yard with about 200 more attempts(what's that3.5 per attempt?)

palmer has allot more int's

lol yeah palmer's better...lol

C'mon man, don't be a total homer. I hate people who refuse to acknowledge anyone outside of their own team.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:37 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:no quarterback has ever done what Ben has done this season. not manning,marino,elway,montana,young, well nobody. and no quarterback has ever been rookie of the year.....yet.

in passer rating,ben is 4th,palmer 27th(behind rattay,harrington,volek and yes collins)

only about 700 more yard with about 200 more attempts(what's that3.5 per attempt?)

C'mon man, don't be a total homer. I hate people who refuse to acknowledge anyone outside of their own team.

c'mon guys..you all know that kyle boller is the best qb in the league :-) 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Turnip » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:58 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

No no no. The best QB hands down is Palmer. The second best is Kitna. The 3rd best has to be Casey Bramlet in my opinion. What an arm!

Seriously though - I don't think the pro scouts even know who is going to be better. A lot depends on how well they mature the next couple years. I am hoping Palmer succeeds, but I think both will have great careers.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:54 am

KingGhidra wrote:

those are FACTS, not biased opinion.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:33 am

Turnip wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

No no no. The best QB hands down is Palmer. The second best is Kitna. The 3rd best has to be Casey Bramlet in my opinion. What an arm!

Seriously though - I don't think the pro scouts even know who is going to be better. A lot depends on how well they mature the next couple years. I am hoping Palmer succeeds, but I think both will have great careers.

I don't think he was being a homer... he had some solid points there. Passer rating is a very good way in determining how a QB is doing. Palmer is doing better fantasy wise, and probably always will, as Pitt is a run first team. Big Ben is probably a better team captain... a better guy to rally around.

Delux... I just hate Boller. That's it. And I don't know a Baltimore fan who does. (mostly because he said his favorite QB was Elway... and for those not informed on that fact of Elway's history, Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts, and demanded a trade. Pretty much pulled an Eli... :-# So that subject is kind of touchy to Baltimore homers.

Turnip, that Bramlet comment made me laugh harder than I have in a long time. And your right in saying it will be a while before we'll be able to tell who is better.

BUT, one thing we can all agree on, is that the best QB in the league is Tony Romo. That is all.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby btg34 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:11 pm

I can settle this whole debate with two words...

JONATHAN QUINN.... best by far, and of course Craig Krenzel in a close second
btg34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk