Ahman Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman Green

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:46 pm

OK so I draft Green 1st,now he is out,I tried pickin' up Mealey to back him up but someone already got him.I will fill the spot this week w/Kevan Barlow,but he splits time w/Hearst.Green is tough but this doesn't look good!What are you guys thoughts on this matter?Tell me what you think,I can take it.it hurts tho. :~(
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SolarfluX » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:11 pm

It just goes to show that in order to be competitive in fantasy football, you need to be diligent in your research and player tracking. That is, keep up on the latest news!

Case in point:

The team I'm playing this week has Mike McMahon as their starting QB. Now, it's been widely known since Wednesday that Joey Harrington became the starter this week and for the forseeable future. I was checking out my competition today and noticed that they still hadn't dropped McMahon for Harrington yet. The other team's backup QB is Germaine, who doesn't have a prayer of a chance to play. So, I picked up Harrington to prevent my opposition from getting him.

Nice, huh?

:-)
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby a1doug182 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:24 pm

Yes you are in a tough spot if Barlow is your only option, unless Hearst gets hurt then you are sitting pretty good with Barlow. If your league is a compatant one then you will have a tough time finding a replacement. I am in the same situation as far as drafting Green and not having his back-up but I wasn't trying to pick him up. I use the stud RB theory and it seems like it is a good thing because that is what keeps me in contention each year. I drafted Green and Dillon but also drafted A.Smith, T.Jones, & Barlow. Although this week will be tough for me because of Jones' match-up and the fact that Smith seems to be a slow starter & Barlow splits carries but I feel that I will remain competative throughout the season because of my depth. Just remember in the future to load up on RBs in the draft.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:36 pm

Its a damn shame is all I can say, I go into week 3 facing my toughest opponents yet and I have to bench Green ! Apparently the team medic has said green shouldnt play. The team feels they can win without him anyway, so why risk starting him.

He will be back for week 4 no mistake. But his absence from week 3 could cost me a game. :(
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:03 am

Yep I got beat to the punch for sure,my 1 league where I have Green is my origional league,12 guys,9 or 10 have remained the same for 8 yrs.very competitive.I have Duckett also.Free Agents are very slim.here's hoping that Green gets healthy.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk