Since there's the best... "WORST TV SHOW PERIOD!" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Since there's the best... "WORST TV SHOW PERIOD!"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:39 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:That new show on MTV sucks... the "Date My Mom" show.

Heh, that show is reallllyyy cheesy. It's hard to explain if you haven't seen the show, but it seems as though everyone on the show has their lines all scritped and they are just... cheesy.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like in the beginning the girl would tell the mom not to say "____" or anything bad about her but the mom always says it. Also, when the mom comes back they always make like the girl is just sitting there and the mom says "We're gonna win!" It's terrible, they can atleast make it somewhat real.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:53 pm

Heh, exactly. And when the mom comes home, the girl is always acting like she's working on something, and then jumps up in shock when her mom comes, as if she didn't know she was already there.

But the end in by far the cheesiest, with the limo and everything. "I'm sorry but I do NOT want to date your daughter." "Well, you're certainly missing out on the time of your life. Here's my beautiful daugher ____"

And then girl who is either chubby or just goofy looking struts out, wearing too much make-up as music plays in the background as if she's Miss America.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hastur » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:56 pm

all reality shows, from MTV's real world(as David Letterman says, you put a bunch of young 'adults' in a manhattan studio apartment with a pool table and jacuzzi and NOT pay rent is not a 'real world') to the new Gilligans Island. The worst of these are the 'wife swap' and 'tempt island' or whatever. Crap Jerry Springer would be jealous of.

The other type of show I can't stand is the 'buffy', 'charmed' and the like. What a waste of film.

Agreed with Kanesfan11 and TTTbone...John Edwards is a evil scam artist, along with all those other huxters. Sad thing is they make a very good living, there are people out there who say "wow! I gotta pay $4.99 a minute to listen to more of that!"

I used to watch wrestling back in my teens(early-mid 80's) but now I look at it and wonder what I was thinking...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:11 pm

hastur wrote:I used to watch wrestling back in my teens(early-mid 80's) but now I look at it and wonder what I was thinking...

Pretty sad when you consider how much fun wrestling used to be back in the 80's. I stopped watching wrestling around 1991, when wrestling was starting to get bad. Today it's no better and what's worse is, most of my favorite wrestlers are all dead before their 50th birthday.

Ravishing Rick Rude: Heart Failure
The British Bulldog: Heart Failure
"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig: Drug Overdose
Miss Elizabeth: Drug Overdose
The Big Bossman: Heart Failure
Hercules Hernandez: Heart Failure
Moondog Spot: Heart Failure
Road Warrior Hawk: Heart Failure

Just to name a few from the last 3 years...
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:00 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
hastur wrote:I used to watch wrestling back in my teens(early-mid 80's) but now I look at it and wonder what I was thinking...

Pretty sad when you consider how much fun wrestling used to be back in the 80's. I stopped watching wrestling around 1991, when wrestling was starting to get bad. Today it's no better and what's worse is, most of my favorite wrestlers are all dead before their 50th birthday.

man reading those names brought up a lot of memories....i had forgot about a lot of them. dont forget andre the giant.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:55 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

man reading those names brought up a lot of memories....i had forgot about a lot of them. dont forget andre the giant.

Bossman and Mr. Perfect died? 8-o
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:10 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Bossman and Mr. Perfect died? 8-o

i knew that mr. perfect died but I'm not sure about the bossman. Plus u also forget the Texas Tordado, Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, and like 10 ultimate warriors.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Yep, the man from Cobb County is no longer with us. :,-(

I think we need to change that whole list to "Heart Failure = Steroids."

Mid-80s WWF was great. Late 90s-2001 WWF/E was great. Anything else...junk. I don't watch it anymore. Until HHH goes away and they stop using huge overgrown oaf guys as their main draws instead of the guys with real wrestling skills and charisma, I'll be watching MNF and whatever else that's on.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:02 pm

I could write a 24 volume encyclopedia set ...based entirely on the crap one could find on the tube...

essentially....outside of sports, basic news....and DVD movies I watch very little television....

a few I do like though....

Scrubs
C.S.I. (original one) ...I know its unrealistic ....but hell, thats why its called entertainment
Conan O'Brien...

my guilty pleasures ?? I'll catch some of the documentaries on the History channel, Discovery channel and A&E at times

oh...and some of the early South Parks ....
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby hastur » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:31 am

Wrestling these days is a shadow of its former self, though more popular than ever. Some even consider it a sport. Its not a sport when all the participants are on steriods without really being tested, and all they care about is themselves and the records.

I think I just described Baseball...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk