Another bad commish... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another bad commish...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another bad commish...

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:08 pm

OK I know we get tons fo these on here, but here's my situation:

I'm in a 14 team dynasty league that starts 2 QB's. Obviously, QB's go at a premium. My QB's: Roethlisberger and Collins. Not good.

So, on the 7th, the commish drops Chandler, Luke McCown, and Hutchinson, posts a message notifying everybody that he's "dropped 3 starting QB's in case anybody needs to know". Playoffs start this week, and the guy facing the first overall team only has 1 starting QB. The first overall team has Peyton/Hass as well as Moss, Ahman, Dillon, and Tiki and went undefeated.

So there you have our commish trying to help teams klnock off the #1 team. Not that it would work, but the point is he's trying to do it.

Then comes the part that pisses me off.... he locks my team, and 3 other teams at the same time that he drops the 3 QB's. So instead of me being able to add McCown as a QB for next season, I get nothing. I've been saving #1 waiver priority all year, mind you. And he didn't tell us at any point whatsoever that he would lock rosters once you were eliminated from making the playoffs. I posted a message that I was trying to add McCown and couldn't, so commish unlocks my roster at 6 AM or something ridiculous this morning, and I missed out on McCown. He says he didn't want people dropping players after they were eliminated which is legitimate but something you mention BEFORE WEEK 14!!!!!!

What should I do? I'll talk to the guy who got McCown to see if he'll drop him so I can pick him up. He said the only reason he added all 3 dropped QB's was to prevent his opponent from getting one of them to be hsi 2nd QB. So I could probably convince him to drop him, and of course now that my team is unlocked, and I still have that #1 waiver priority, I could add him.

If not, do I tell the commish to do something or I quit? I've been in this league for 2 years, and I'm in the same guy's baseball league. There's always shit like this happening, but he's not a bad guy and usually has the best interests of the league in mind when he does crazy stuff, he just doesn't do it with consent, and does it without any warning.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Another bad commish...

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:11 pm

lbjackal wrote:I've been in this league for 2 years, and I'm in the same guy's baseball league. There's always shit like this happening, but he's not a bad guy and usually has the best interests of the league in mind when he does crazy stuff, he just doesn't do it with consent, and does it without any warning.

If there is always stuff like this happening, you don't need the hassle. I wouldn't go back next year. Alternatively, you could start another league with you being the commish, then start a similar reign of terror.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:37 pm

when he unlocks your roster, drop all your players and quit the league (unless it is a $$ league and you can still win some, in which case drop all your players once you get your money).
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bowie » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:43 pm

If it is a money league, get out as soon as this season is over. If it is just a league with a bunch of buddies, tell the commish you want to stay in it but will have to quit unless he writes out the league rules and sticks to them.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Commish » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:18 pm

Shady.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DanDigital » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:21 pm

I hardly think that McCown, Hutchinson, and Chandler are going to disrupt the power balance in your league.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Commish » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:50 pm

When you have to start 2 QB's and the guy only has 1 .....

I'd say it definitely can. McCown threw 3 TD's vs. SF earlier this year.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:53 pm

The_Commish wrote:I'd say it definitely can. McCown threw 3 TD's vs. SF earlier this year.

I could too

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:15 pm

thats pretty messed up..id say if this kinda crap happens all the time then quit the league for sure
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:15 pm

It's not that it happens all the time..... but there have been about 4 instances like thsi over the past 2 years between the baseball and football leagues he runs. Usually he tries to be fair, and due to popular demand (read: everybody yelling at him) he said all changes will be voted on from now on. Which was fine for the whole baseball season, and fine until week 14. Then he goes and does this :-? I don't get it..... but it's not a money league so I'll stick it out.

And I just checked the league page, and the guy said he'd drop McCown as long as he got Fargas back. Big name players here, eh :-b Hopefully commish allows the changes to be made...... we shall see...
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk