More (B.S.?) From TICE RE: MOSS... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More (B.S.?) From TICE RE: MOSS...

Moderator: Football Moderators

More (B.S.?) From TICE RE: MOSS...

Postby CAL_BEAR » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:44 pm

Vikings to Reduce Workload for Randy Moss

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings coaches hope reducing Randy Moss' workload will help the receiver regain his All-Pro form, beginning Sunday against Seattle.

Moss, who played a token role in two games and missed three others after suffering a partial tear in his right hamstring Oct. 17, has just eight receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown in two games since returning to the lineup.

The seventh-year veteran has battled back problems - likely due to inactivity - and stiffness in his injured leg, but only sat out a handful of snaps each of the last two weeks.

Vikings coach Mike Tice said he wants to use Moss on fewer than 50 plays on Sunday.

"It'll be hard to do with him, but I talked to him about it for two days, and hopefully we can come up with some type of plan to keep his plays under 50, just so he's got more juice when we call upon him," Tice said.

Tice, who said Wednesday that Moss was "90-something percent" healthy, said Moss hadn't suffered a setback in his recovery.

Moss has 34 catches for 465 yards and nine touchdowns in nine games this season.

"I Like To Believe That My Best Hits Border On Felonious Assault"
-Jack "The Assassin" Tatum
CAL_BEAR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:01 pm

well tice is never too reliable, but randy has been useless the past two weeks. Seems like Tice is desperate to get him back on track.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:42 pm

well good news for you tice haters, nfl live reported today that tice is seriously considering taking the university of washington head coaching job. they also said it might be a bargaining tool to be used this january when his contract is up and he is currently the lowest paid coach in the NFL. but i think if you guys keep your fingers crossed he might just quit ;-D
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RubeRiot » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:48 pm

I really have no idea what to expect from Moss this week, but I don't think Tice has much to do with it. Moss will get as many plays as he want, and I don't think Tice will be able to hold him back.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:22 pm

so basically what hes saying is moss will play every play and have about 5 tds when we decide to sit him?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:45 pm

If you all don't know by now, Tice is a PR fantasy football retard. Nothing he says should be taken seriously and any threads containing quotes from him should get "hamstered"
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Re: More (B.S.?) From TICE RE: MOSS...

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:36 pm

CAL_BEAR wrote:Minnesota Vikings coaches hope reducing Randy Moss' workload will help the receiver regain his All-Pro form

YOU THINK!?
Maybe if they had rested him... 5 weeks ago and just now brought him back he'd be healthy.

Oh well. All this does is make him a good value for re-drafts in 2005.
;-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: More (B.S.?) From TICE RE: MOSS...

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:42 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
CAL_BEAR wrote:Minnesota Vikings coaches hope reducing Randy Moss' workload will help the receiver regain his All-Pro form

YOU THINK!?
Maybe if they had rested him... 5 weeks ago and just now brought him back he'd be healthy.

Oh well. All this does is make him a good value for re-drafts in 2005.
;-D

LOL - no doubt.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk