Was wondering about Clayton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Was wondering about Clayton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Was wondering about Clayton

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:43 pm

Clayton got into a "scuffle" with someone in the endzone during last weeks game. Could that be any reason why he only caught one pass? I'm pretty sure he probably just got blanketed, but what if everyone seems to have missed that he was benched for his immature play?

I did a ctrl + F search on nfl.com play by play and he was only targeted twice the entire game. once an incompletion, and the seoncd a reception with 9:40 left to go in the first quarter. This doesn't tell me if he was on the field any, but I was wondering if any of you actually watched the game last week.

The reason I ask is this, if he did get repremanded for his actions, they might carry over to this week too. I haven't read anything ont his as of yet but I have in my starting lineup, and i don't want a player who is being "taught a lesson" deciding my playoff chances.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Was wondering about Clayton

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:19 pm

proKrastinate wrote:Clayton got into a "scuffle" with someone in the endzone during last weeks game. Could that be any reason why he only caught one pass? I'm pretty sure he probably just got blanketed, but what if everyone seems to have missed that he was benched for his immature play?

I did a ctrl + F search on nfl.com play by play and he was only targeted twice the entire game. once an incompletion, and the seoncd a reception with 9:40 left to go in the first quarter. This doesn't tell me if he was on the field any, but I was wondering if any of you actually watched the game last week.

The reason I ask is this, if he did get repremanded for his actions, they might carry over to this week too. I haven't read anything ont his as of yet but I have in my starting lineup, and i don't want a player who is being "taught a lesson" deciding my playoff chances.

Im sure if CLayton was being benched we would hear about it.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Was wondering about Clayton

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:10 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:Clayton got into a "scuffle" with someone in the endzone during last weeks game. Could that be any reason why he only caught one pass? I'm pretty sure he probably just got blanketed, but what if everyone seems to have missed that he was benched for his immature play?

Im sure if CLayton was being benched we would hear about it.

i agree...it would be a pretty big deal if something like that happened...especailly if it was going to carry over to the next week.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:44 am

i watched the game, he was out on the field griese just wasnt throwing to him, he was mostly throwing to dilger and galloway or handing it off to pittman...
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:37 pm

perhaps he was getting punished then. they were merely using him as a decoy, but deliberately not throwing in his direction.

perhasp im over analyzing
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:46 pm

proKrastinate wrote:perhaps he was getting punished then. they were merely using him as a decoy, but deliberately not throwing in his direction.

perhasp im over analyzing

Definately over analyzing. There is no point in punishing a player by having him on he field and not throwing to him. That would be incredibly stupid.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:00 pm

yeah, i dont know why they werent throwing to him but it wasnt punishment, he was wide open on several plays, griese just wasnt looking his way... pretty frustrating as an owner
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Josey Wales » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:17 pm

What's up defianthart. I think I know you from another website. Looking at your roster, I'm pretty sure it's you. I disagreed with kingdiamond and told you to start Witten over E. Johnson last week. I hope you took my advice! lol. I wish I would have taken your advice and started Julius over CMart! You were right on the money dude! But CMart hooked me up pretty good, and I crushed anyway. You should know who I am now I think. I won't make a comment on this thread's subject, since I have no point of reference in this conversation.(like Donny in Big Lebowski) lol.
"You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
Josey Wales Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby irishclown » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:35 pm

What's up defianthart. I think I know you from another website. Looking at your roster, I'm pretty sure it's you. I disagreed with kingdiamond and told you to start Witten over E. Johnson last week. I hope you took my advice! lol. I wish I would have taken your advice and started Julius over CMart! You were right on the money dude! But CMart hooked me up pretty good, and I crushed anyway. You should know who I am now I think. I won't make a comment on this thread's subject, since I have no point of reference in this conversation.(like Donny in Big Lebowski) lol.

Get a room dude......wow
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Turnip » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:28 pm

irishclown wrote:

Get a room dude......wow

Lol...this is their room....what are we doing in here?!
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting