Will Big Ben's win streak end this week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Big Ben's win streak end this week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Big Ben's win streak end this week?

Postby rocskins_ffc » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:18 am

Can the Jets do what the Jag's came so close to doing last week?
rocskins_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:32 am

It's not Ben's streak,it's the Steelers team!

Everyone is waiting for him to fail...I'll take 10-1 from a rook anyday.

11-0 sounds good though,it's all about the team,and right now noone looks better.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Smizzy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:35 am

Big ben goes down this week....and then we will beat them on sunday too :-B
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:53 am

GP nailed it. It's not Big Ben's streak, it's the Stillers. They have a very solid team on every level, save maybe punter. That said, I think the Jets will beat them this weekend. They have been playing well all season and have been under the radar because of the Pats. It's a statement game for the Jets.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby rocskins_ffc » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:02 am

Guttpuppy wrote:It's not Ben's streak,it's the Steelers team!

Everyone is waiting for him to fail...I'll take 10-1 from a rook anyday.

11-0 sounds good though,it's all about the team,and right now noone looks better.

Sorry, you're right, it's aSteeler streak"technically". I was just pointing out that Ben's win streak is impressive as a rookie(a record breaking streak as w all know)It is very impressive,and I'm not just waiting for him to fail just curious how others felt about HIS streak as a rookie,I know he is not winning alone.
rocskins_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cooner » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:32 pm

should be a good game, but I think the matchups favor the Steelers... their run D is good enough to stop Martin, causing major headaches for Penny, whose recievers aren't good enough to get free fast enough to let Pennington make the throws he'll need to while he's chased all over the place.

The Jets D is good, but the Steeler's committment to the run and punishing combo will wear them down. Big Ben will make just enough plays to keep the Jets honest.

In Pittsburgh, I think this one goes the Steelers way- they match up too nicely against the Jets strengths for this to be a Jets win (caveat- if Pennington goes off toss what I said out the window).

edit: I really like this Jets team though... a very nice squad ;-D
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:09 pm

Peyton Manning > Ben Roethslisburger
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyChoi » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:54 pm

Jet's recievers not good huh.....it's kind of hard to excel with Penny's dinks and dunks....and screens....short screen...and west coast slants.....the recievers are good.....he just doens't throw the long ball......

Cooner wrote:should be a good game, but I think the matchups favor the Steelers... their run D is good enough to stop Martin, causing major headaches for Penny, whose recievers aren't good enough to get free fast enough to let Pennington make the throws he'll need to while he's chased all over the place.

edit: I really like this Jets team though... a very nice squad ;-D
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:57 pm

This is a great match up this weekend. This game will be won in the trenches. Jets O-line is talented enough to create openings IMO for CMart to have a good day against the steelers. Jets front 7 is a little undersized and might have trouble stopping Pittsburgh running attack. Should be low scoring and close throughout.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:57 pm

The Jets have alot of trouble in Pittsburgh historically... The weather is gonna be nasty so its gonna be who wins at the line of scrimmage. The loss of Abraham at the DE spot for the NYJ is HUGE. The Steelers run to the left all day long now and win the day.

Hey Smizzy is that a Santana Moss avatar??? That clown has been taking up space on my bench all year. A better question would be...Is Pennington ever gonna throw a pass downfield again or is he gonna live with nothing but the checkdowns???

Nice contribution as usual BH.........NOT :-t
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk