an unfair position, what would you do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

an unfair position, what would you do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

an unfair position, what would you do?

Postby Vick4MVP » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:33 am

I'm in a 10 man league, and at the moment fighting for the last playoff spot with 3 other teams.

team A 7-6
team b 7-6
team c (me) 6-7
team d 6-7

There's also a team that is completely out of it and he plays team B. The team that is completely out of it has put in a bunch of non starters against team B. Therefore assuring that team B will get that last playoff spot (team A will probably lose as he faces manning this week). Now everyone basically knows each other as they're friends, while I just know 2 of the 9 other players. What would you do? This is a money league and it's obviously not fair.. I wrote a post on our message board asking about it and I'm waiting for a response.
Vick4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:48 am

Yeah, I think that's a terrible thing for that team to do. If he were the one in contention, would he like a person to lay down for another guy? To me, this breaks Yahoo fair play and sportsmanship rule #5...

Yahoo FF Rules wrote:No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.

:-t

I would tell the commissioner to "strongly suggest" the person playing Team B to play his normal starters or to field the most competitive team he can. I understand that he could claim that he feels that's his best team for the week, but if it's a team full of scrubs, I think most people would agree that he's doing it to be a jerk (and it's borderline collusion if you think about it).

IMO, If he doesn't comply by Sunday, the commissioner should force his normal starters into his lineup and lock him out.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:49 am

Is it really obvious? Who is he starting? Have you already paid?

I hate to encourage reneging on league fees, but if this guy is starting scrubs and the commish does nothing about it, you should demand your money back and walk from the league. (Of course if the commish doesn't do anything about this, I doubt he would give you your money back anyway)
Last edited by Bowie on Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:50 am

yeah thats a bunch of crap...gotta complain to the commish for sure :-t
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:08 am

Reading all these posts about people screwing around with money leagues really sucks.

Makes me appreciate the 12 team keeper league I am in. We have had absolutely no issues in 4 years and everyone at least submits a competetive lineup no matter what.

Hopefully your commish is good because he is your only hope at this point.

Good Luck.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vick4MVP » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:37 pm

Thank you all for your help, I emailed my Commish about this crap.

He's starting guys like eddie kennison, boo williams,william green ect. He's benching Joe Horn, Droughns, Whitten, ect ect, honestly I don't even want to look at his team right now because it's just going to pi$$ me off.

I haven't paid the league fees as of yet, but I plan on doing it because otherwise I'll look like the bad person. I'm just going to look for a new league next year.
Vick4MVP
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:32 pm

just make sure it gets settled before the games tomorrow
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:35 pm

Vick4MVP wrote:Thank you all for your help, I emailed my Commish about this crap.

He's starting guys like eddie kennison, boo williams,william green ect. He's benching Joe Horn, Droughns, Whitten, ect ect, honestly I don't even want to look at his team right now because it's just going to pi$$ me off.

I haven't paid the league fees as of yet, but I plan on doing it because otherwise I'll look like the bad person. I'm just going to look for a new league next year.

Why would you pay? You're not a bad person for not paying, they're the bad person for cheating. They're potentially stealing.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bledsoehunter » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:42 pm

We had a problem like this a couple of years ago. What we did was pay all the way, except last place. It gave everybody incentive. The pay out for lower finishers wasn't much but it kept everybody trying.
QB'S McNabb, Roethlisberger. RB's James, Bettis. WR's Harrison, Mitchell , Branch, Burleson, TE D Graham, Crumpler, K, Reed, Def R Harrison, Eric Barton, Sheldon Brown,
bledsoehunter
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:44 pm

There is no way in hell I would pay.

What are they going to do about it? It's not like you're playing fantasy football with the Mob.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk