an unfair position, what would you do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

an unfair position, what would you do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby matmat » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:40 pm

Vick4MVP wrote:Thank you all for your help, I emailed my Commish about this crap.

He's starting guys like eddie kennison, boo williams,william green ect. He's benching Joe Horn, Droughns, Whitten, ect ect, honestly I don't even want to look at his team right now because it's just going to pi$$ me off.

I haven't paid the league fees as of yet, but I plan on doing it because otherwise I'll look like the bad person. I'm just going to look for a new league next year.

the matchups you cite are not that bad. all the players are starting. it's not like he's starting kurt warner and aaron stecker.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishclown » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:57 pm

This is why we have 9 irons......if they do this, which is complete and utter B.S., I would suggest you take out the above mentioned club and splatter some heads!!
On a serious note, that is crap and I would demand my $$ back.
Where have all the honest people gone.?? Cheating at FF is pretty low man.
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:41 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:There is no way in hell I would pay.

What are they going to do about it? It's not like you're playing fantasy football with the Mob.

Not playing with the Mob. Doesn't everyone? :-o :-o

Yoos is going to bench all yoos starters and play da bums against me; thus, allowing mes ta makes da playoffs, and yoos is goings ta like it, capiche?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby LBJackal » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:52 am

If it's against the rules (damn well should be) tell the commish to change it. If he doesn't change anything, don't pay.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:51 am

Vick4MVP -

We have a rule in our league that EVERY week of the season, you get some jack if you post a W. If you lose your game, you have to cough $10 into the prize pool, however.

Every owner coughs up $10 for every LOSS they post, regardless of whether they have a shot at the playoffs or not.

Keeps idiots from doing what the guy in your league is doing, and keeps owners actively managing their team.

Consider it as a rule for next year.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tman570 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:12 pm

Thats a great rule, I love it! Make the losers pay...
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:30 pm

One team in my league has won 5 high scorer of the week awards and already has already pocketed as much money as the guy who loses in the Super Bowl. He got bounced in the first round wild card game this week... by none other than me.

Another 3-10 team in the league has been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs for like five weeks, but he won the high scorer award in 2 of the last 3 weeks.

Reward the competitive players and most teams will play hard to the finish. IF some owners choose not to stay competitive, bounce them out of the league and find some new owners next year. If you league doesn't punish owners who go inactive or try to throw the game in some way, you need to find a new league.

P.S.- No way in hell I would pay league fees if there are owners trying to throw games....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk