How much for Big Ben? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How much for Big Ben?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How much for Big Ben?

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:13 pm

Hey guys. One of my friends just pulled a Big Ben rookie card in a Bowman pack this week. :-# :-#
How much do you think it's worth now, and will be worth in the future? And how much do you think I should try to buy it off him from? He's not huge on football cards so I might be able to get it from him somewhat cheap. But I don't really know much about football cards either, that's why I'm asking this in the first place. So help me out guys, thanks.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:17 pm

I'd probably place the card in the $15-$20 range, though the value has skyrocketed courtesy of his fast start. It may go up depending on how far he leads the Steelers into the postseason and how good of an impression he makes in his second year but I have come to believe that the card probably wont top $25 in the next few months unless by some miracle the Steelers win the Super Bowl prompting the card's value to increase dramatically. It could be a great investment by buying the card now for around $5 to $8 for the future if he indeed becomes the next Dan Marino.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby dayja » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:21 am

Ben's Bowman card is listed at $6-$15, and is only that high because he has done so well. You'd be better off to wait until the novelty wears off in the off-season. If you want to collect some of his rookie cards, try and get a limited release card like his Upper Deck Star Rookie. It lists at $20-$35, and you can probably get one for around $25 on eBay. I bought 2 recently, and think they'll hold value provided he lives up to all the hype.

If you want to check the prices of cards, go to: Beckett.com
and you can check the price of a single card to "try" their service, or for like $4 you can use the service for a month. Good luck if your buddy will part with the card for a few dollars.
dayja
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

Return to Football Talk