my team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

my team

Moderator: Football Moderators

my team

Postby Packman_26 » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:25 pm

i was just wonderin what people thing of my team.
In draft order, i drafted last in a league of 9
Ricky Williams
Peyton Manning
Isaac Bruce
Micheal Pittman
Derrick Mason
Fred Taylor
Johnnie Morton
Marty Booker
Trent Green
Emmitt Smith
Adam Vinatieri
Baltimore
James Stewert
Ryan Longwell
New Orleans
Packman_26

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby zipster987 » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:47 pm

I like Ricky and Manning. I am firm believers that they will have bust out years. I dont really like Issac Bruce. The problem is that STL has so many weapons that he isnt always the one that gets the ball. Pittman is a good pick-he is supposed to bust out as well in TB. He probably wouldnt have been there 16 picks later. Mason went very early in a few of my leagues and I dont know enough about him other then that. Taylor will get hurt real quick, you should pick up stacey mack as a backup. Morton and booker will both have big years and work as backups. Green is also a solid back up. Emmit Smith is washed up and wont do much and I dont know about stewart. He always seems to be injured as well. You dont need 2 D's and 2 Kickers. Dump one of each and pick up Mack and a sleeper WR like Santana Moss. Not bad. You are a little weak at all positions once you get past your starting 2, specially at RB. Be careful when you get into bye weeks.
Sup Ya'll
GO BEARS!
zipster987
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby cwebb » Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:48 am

your team looks solid, Manning, Williams and Bruce should provide you with consistent production and Taylor and Smith will be good too.

I agree that you shouldn't have two Defenses and two kickers, but I'm not sure which kicker you should drop, I like Longwell. And in league of nine there should be plenty of sleepers and breakout players available a few weeks into the season so watch the games and be prepared to cut a kicker or defense for one of those...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:05 am

Vinatieri was Mr. Clutch, while Longwell was Mr. Choke (he even missed a PAT)

Baltimore's D is questionable, they unloaded lots of starters; NO gave up a ton of points last year, yet they had many sacks and a good amount of TOs.

Pittman has durability concerns, and Alstott will steal goal-line opportunities from him anyway. Stewart has been a non-factor and Taylor gets hurt a lot.

You might want to unload Emmitt for another quality WR. Booker's production will fall due to Marcus Robinson's return and emergence of Dez White and David Terrell. Besides the fact that the A-Train will carry the load. Your other WRs are pretty solid.

With the small amount of teams in your league, your waiver wire should be filled with sleepers and known-good players.

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk