Things start off great and fall apart? B*&ch here. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Things start off great and fall apart? B*&ch here.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Things start off great and fall apart? B*&ch here.

Postby Azrael » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:36 am

In Money League 2, as I call it, I started off 7-0 in a 2 division league (division winners get 1st rd byes), was 1st in points scored by wide margin, and needed just one more win to clinch division and 1st round bye. I've proceeded to get my ass handed to me 6 weeks in a row, lose the division on a tiebreaker, and limp into the playoffs against what is probably the best team in the league at this point in time. I figure to lose again this weekend and be done in that league.

It's sort of a primordial retarded league. You must start a back up for bye weeks (hence needing 2 Ks, TEs, and Defs). You only get 2 non-injury moves (players must be listed as OUT to drop for injury), and you can only drop and pickup same position players.

Here's that team

QBs Ben, and Joey
RBs Brown, T. Jones, S. Jackson, K. Jones
WRs Moss, Fitzgerald, Driver, Terrell (lost S. Smith for the year)
TEs Graham (worthless since week 5), Putzier
K Akers (MVP), Rackers
Def Baltimore (2nd in MVP voting), Jacksonville

How about you?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:34 am

Its been more the whole year for my money league team. I won it last year without knowing anytihng. I found this place in the offseason and figure I would just kick complete ass. but its basically been the opposite.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:18 pm

Well, I started off 5-3 in my money league. Went 1-3 over the past four weeks, finished at 6-7. Somehow still snuck into the playoffs, but am now facing the most explosive team in the league today in the first round. I'll need a HUGE day from Manning to stand any sort of chance. That, and Arlen Harris will have to do solid for my #2 RB.

In my secondary league, I started off 3-0, was dominating in scoring (along with VHawk). Since then, I've got just 4-6, and am needing a win today to get the final playoff berth. Bad News: I need a nice day from the still-injured Moss, along with Thomas Jones' actually having a good day.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk