The Eagles... Week 17 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Eagles... Week 17

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Eagles... Week 17

Postby FromtheBaseline » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:45 am

OK... im in a league where our Super Bowl plays Week17... which reeeeeeaallly sucks. Tell you why...

Here's a taste of my team in my 10 man draft...

Donovan McNabb
Shaun Alexander
Terrell Owens
Javon Walker
Baltimore D
Adam Vinetieri

Needless to say, ive been dominating... Now im hearing that the Eagles will probalby only play McNabb and TO in the first half only?????

There goes 65% of my points...

Any news on what the Eagles will do Week 17?
FromtheBaseline
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:53 am

As long as they have homefield sealed up I can imagine both these guys sitting...who knows how much they would actually play.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gtabaplayr » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:11 am

personally i don't see them sitting out a whole game especially if they have a first round bye 3 weeks off seems like to much for me..........i believe they will play the first half which would make TO a good start in the 17th week i would consider benching mcnabb for the week if u have a better start
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:35 am

i woudl think they will probably sit the last quarters of the dallas and st. louis, sit a half for cincy (maybe the whole game) you don't want to get rusty either.

anyway, a win this week only nets a bye. they still need another win I believe for homefield (the dallas game). St. Louis is MNF, so Reid won't want to roll over. I think you will be ok really, sweeping your conference games would be quite an accomplishment.

tough to tell though, as staying healthy is important, espexcially after last year.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Re: The Eagles... Week 17

Postby pdub » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:06 am

FromtheBaseline wrote:OK... im in a league where our Super Bowl plays Week17... which reeeeeeaallly sucks.

the Eagles will probalby only play McNabb and TO in the first half only?????

Any news on what the Eagles will do Week 17?

dude i've got the same problem it blows.

this is my first year and i didn't really know what i was getting into with that. i have mcnabb, alexander as well, along with martin, wayne, and gates and i worry about any and all of them sitting that week. i do have brees as a backup, so i just hope that he, along with some of those other guys, are still fight for THEIR OWN playoff life as well.

anybody want to ease my nerves and suggest these guys'll play?
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby warrick95 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:12 am

Umm...hope TO doesn't reach the amount of TDs necessary to practice in tights...because Andy Reid really has a secret desire for tights? ;-D

Seriously, though, it wouldn't make sense for the Eagles to bother playing their stars too much. They may come out for a little victory lap as the "starters" for Week 17, but I expect the main stars to only get a little playing time. Why risk injuries...and give them some time off.

Always make the playoffs in Weeks 14-16 in the future, guys...

I'm in a league with a Week 17 playoff, but luckily for me, here are my starters:
Culpepper
Bruce
Horn
McCardell
Barber
J. Lewis
Shockey
S. Graham

As you can see, none are on those super teams. ;-D
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby mad benjamin » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:41 am

warrick95 wrote:I'm in a league with a Week 17 playoff, but luckily for me, here are my starters:
Culpepper
Bruce
Horn
McCardell
Barber
J. Lewis
Shockey
S. Graham

As you can see, none are on those super teams. ;-D

No, but there are still plenty of concerns for most of the players on that squad, though I'll bet you won a lot of games w/ those same guys earlier in the year.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thebluemeanies » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:28 am

Actually, the Eagles will probably clinch homefield next week (week 15). If they beat Dallas or Atlanta loses to Carolina, the Eagles will have homefield throughout the playoffs.

Conceivably, the Eagles could be benching their star players for week 16 AND week 17. But it doesn't seem like Andy Reid has thought that far ahead and I haven't heard anything definitive yet. After the Packer's game, Reid was asked if he would take starters out of some games to avoid injury. He responded:

"Well you still got the home field advantage that you want to make sure you take care of if you can. So you want to drive through that. You like to get that bye-week and stay focused on that. Once you get that maybe you start considering those things but no until then."
thebluemeanies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tman570 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:08 pm

I feel you bro as I have TO and Westbrook but I think they should be ok for 15 and 16. Week 17 might be a little sketchy but we will have to wait and see. The eagles could lose the next two games you know. (I hope not!)
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk