Commish doing lineup after that team's owner did. Fair? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commish doing lineup after that team's owner did. Fair?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commish doing lineup after that team's owner did. Fair?

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:18 pm

okay, here's the story. i play a team that's out of it and the commish needs me to lose for him to get in. i saw that the team i played fixed their lineup at the beginning of the week. the commish then preceeded to change these lineups, along with other teams' a few days ago. of course those players did good today. but it was clearly the best interest of the commish to go in and change the lineup the way he thought was better(a few days ago). is this fair, considering that team wasn't negleticing to do thier lineup and they did in fact change players? this is a $ league btw.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:58 pm

absolutely not.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:13 pm

care to elaborate. i need some ammo. the commish is argumentative and will use things like "the web site said that player would do better" and "i'm the commish, i have to make sure everyone has thier best lineup in".

i also saw that the team i played later benched a WR, starting one less player. but then the commish put in a different WR, then a few minutes later switched another starting wr for yet another different WR (which then went off, maybe costing me the game). come on guys, i need an argument
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:30 pm

Why don't you just tell him its BS and it was his own selfishness that dictated the lineup change. Tell him he wouldn't have done the same if that team was playing his own.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:35 pm

Yep definatly BS he changed the other teams rosters which apparently wasnt the best interest of the teams or they would of changed them thereselves.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:53 pm

you need us to come up with an argument, find a reason for you, to justify why this is wrong? if you can't see why its wrong than why are you complaining?

i do believe this is wrong on many accounts, but it should be pretty straight forward as to why...but im feeling generous so try these :

1)If you wanted to set everyones lineup every week, than why don't you play in a league where you own all 10/12 teams?

2)I bet you wouldn't have done this if I was a team facing you and could put you out of the playoffs.

3)Thats part of playing in a league with people, they have their own idea's about the "best players" for the week are.

4)Since I(you) think that you(commish) don't have the best players in, is it ok if I change your lineups?

5)Being the commish doesn't give you god like powers (ala determining if a trade is fair, setting an active owner's lineups w/o permission, etc)

oh and my favorite...
6)If this isn't corrected I'm going to drop all my players and then quit the league.

Use #6 with caution. Friends or relatives may look down upon you in the event you screw up everyones season.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:18 pm

the commish is my relative and this is a league with friends
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:27 pm

Sounds like someone is pulling your leg. I'd wait a couple of days for the HaHa we got you.... email.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:30 pm

iloveny18 wrote:this is a league with friends

sure about that? If the commish is serious about treating the league owners and this league like this, I'll invite him to email / pm me and I'll tell him exactly whats what.

This is abuse of power.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:09 pm

quickm0ng00se wrote:Sounds like someone is pulling your leg. I'd wait a couple of days for the HaHa we got you.... email.

T

Not to mock you but how long how you played ffl?

People have done worse in some of the leagues I've been in over the years.

Back on topic, do a little research and see how many times during the bye weeks he fixed teams with missing players.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk