Commish doing lineup after that team's owner did. Fair? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commish doing lineup after that team's owner did. Fair?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby iloveny18 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:46 pm

well, he said that he called the guy and left a message to him who he put in. i guess that owner didn't care to answer back, but he said he saw that he benched another wr without putting another one and changed his lineup and then changed more and "did what was the best interest in the league". no big deal....to him. he's been fixing the lineups for a few weeks now
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:57 pm

Not to mock you but how long how you played ffl?

That has what to do with the price of tea in China?

From the tone of the initial post, NY18 sounded like he was shocked to see this happen. As if it were the first time. He also said it was a league of friends.

All I can tell you is that the "friends" I play FF with would never do anything like this. (The Ha Ha joke part yes, but not fixing any owners line up for keeps.) I based my response on the cobination of the two. First time it happened, and league of "friends".

Now we hear it's been going on for a few weeks. Nobody else in the league noticed this? Nobody else said anything? Somebody else would have noticed, at some point. Either the guy whose line up was changed, or the guy playing against a line up that was changed. Either way, I would submit to you, that if this league is in fact a league of friends......

It's time to get a new league....and some new friends.

People have done worse in some of the leagues I've been in over the years.

If this was in a league with friends, as it was in NY18s case, then my advice to him may fit for you as well.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flockers » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:33 pm

Hell no thats not fair.

This being a money league makes it even more wrong. :-t :-t
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby iloveny18 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:15 am

well, to be fair, the team that he changed the lineup for for a few weeks was no doubt neglecting their team (as they're starting players injured) that i had no problem with (in fact i told him that he needed to change it, since we both could benifit from him winning) but this week, he went in and changed a few other teams (that didn't have anything to do with anyone's interests) this week. he says it was for the best interest of the league
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby matmat » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:35 am

iloveny18 wrote:the commish is my relative

find some new relatives ;)
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby iloveny18 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:17 am

matmat wrote:

trust me, i wish it were that easy
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Arlo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 am

There are only a few scenarios where the commish should touch an owner's roster, such as when:

The owner is doing something shady.

A bug needs to be corrected.

The owner has asked the commish to do so (when the owner's modem is fried, for instance).

The owner has dropped out, and the league has agreed that the commish should set weekly lineups for the dead team.

Etc.

Those are all legitimate reasons, and do serve the interests of the league. But if all is well and an owner is active and playing by the rules, it's hands-off. An owner needs to have the ability to set his lineup in whatever manner he thinks is best. Otherwise, why set rosters at all?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby citti34 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:05 am

Has the commish made a roster move on another team which hurt him? One thing you will learn, people will start getting ruthless in weeks 13 and on. Are you surprised your commish has started making roster changes this last couple of weeks? YOUR league didn't state in the beginning of the season, "commish, make changes as you wish."
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby spodog » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:45 pm

matmat wrote:

LMFAO

Absolutely. This commish is a moron. Its not his job to coach teams to his liking, especially if it benefits him.

In the real world, he'd be either investigated by Elliot Spitzer and given a 15 year sentence in a minimum security institution

OR

he'd be taken out in an alley in Hells Kitchen (NY) and beaten to within an inch of his life.

This is conflict of interest at it's best.

If you don't feel like either of these, you may just want to get him a pile of fresh dog crap in a box at your families holiday gift exchange.

:-t
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:45 pm

This guy is blatantly CHEATING and trying to defend his actions.

I don't care if it's your mother commishing the league, you need to either get this reversed, or you need to get your money back from this league and find a new one for next year.

The best result in this case, is that both you and your opponent should be both be awarded an automatic win. Roster tampering is illegal unless the owner of the team specifically asks his roster to be changed because he is unable to himself.

In fantasy football only the owner AND NOT THE COMMISH is allowed to change his roster. If for whatever reason an owner doesn't manage his team in his own best interest, you need to drop that guy and find another owner next year.

IMO, you shouldn't be asking the league for a reversal of your game's outcome, you should be asking the league to get a new commish.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk