Minnesota's Coaching Staff Needs Firing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Minnesota's Coaching Staff Needs Firing

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:59 pm

Hindsight is 20/20. Everyone says they still would have thought it was a dumb call, but all the bandwagon Vikings fans would have been posting about how amazing it was.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:08 pm

I dunno, I kinda gotta agree here. The Vikings were marching right downfield with no problems, there was no reason to throw in some trick play and let a WR throw a pass.

Same thing happened to UF a couple years ago against Michigan in the Outback Bowl. UF is driving down field for the tying score in a shootout game with their heisman runner-up QB, and they get down inside the 20 and decide to run a WR reverse pass, with a freshman WR no less. Said WR then proceeds to run 30 yards backwards before blindly throwing the ball as he's falling down right to a Michigan LB for an INT to lose the game.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Flockers » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:43 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Same thing happened to UF a couple years ago against Michigan in the Outback Bowl. UF is driving down field for the tying score in a shootout game with their heisman runner-up QB, and they get down inside the 20 and decide to run a WR reverse pass, with a freshman WR no less. Said WR then proceeds to run 30 yards backwards before blindly throwing the ball as he's falling down right to a Michigan LB for an INT to lose the game.

I remember that! :-b

Seriously though, the Seahawks got really lucky in this game. If Tice wasnt a moron, the Vikes would have won the game.

At least the Hawks are still alive in the playoff hunt! ;-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:15 am

I liked this quote about the WR pass play call...

Mike Tice wrote:"It's a play we worked on for 6 weeks, 5 weeks, 4 weeks..."

How does that work?

Had he kept talking, it would have been something they worked on in the locker room at halftime... :-B
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:27 am

Flockers wrote:Seriously though, the Seahawks got really lucky in this game. If Tice wasnt a moron, the Vikes would have won the game.

Nooooo...we won that. I'll point out 10 other games in the last 3 years that we lucked into/out of.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:32 am

that team has two playmakers: cpepp and moss. By running that play you take one of them out completely (cpepp) and the other is doing something that he isn't trained to do.

I would have understood if they ran that play with robinson or buerlson, at least you have moss on the other end to make a play, but like this?

meathead needs to go.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:30 am

Free Bagel wrote:Same thing happened to UF a couple years ago against Michigan in the Outback Bowl. UF is driving down field for the tying score in a shootout game with their heisman runner-up QB, and they get down inside the 20 and decide to run a WR reverse pass, with a freshman WR no less. Said WR then proceeds to run 30 yards backwards before blindly throwing the ball as he's falling down right to a Michigan LB for an INT to lose the game.

Sounds like another example of solid Wolverine defense to me ;-D lol

And MercerBoy, What makes Tice a moron is that sure they worked on that play repeatedly in practice but being a dork he fails to realize that the success he saw with the play was a result of running it against the ViQueens D!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby newyorkFFaddict » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:56 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Bettis' TD pass was the go-ahead and winning score for the Steelers...is that genius? :-? :-b

Bill cower is the longest tenured coach in the NFL. Need I say more?
Hey hey, my man, my man, alright, alright
newyorkFFaddict
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fast Eddy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:35 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Bettis' TD pass was the go-ahead and winning score for the Steelers...is that genius? :-? :-b

Yeah, but the Vikings offense is one of the best in the league the way it is. That is, with Randy Moss as a receiver and Dante as a QB. The Steelers have a very conservative offense that struggles to open things up. When the Steelers hand the ball to Bettis, everyone bites
Fast Eddy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting