Houstons Passing Game..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Houston Texans

Houstons Passing Game.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Houstons Passing Game.....

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:13 pm

So as I sit here watching the live stat tracker, I got to thinking. Houstons passing game hasn't been living up to expectations this year. (Or has it? Feel free to correct me.) Any opinions as to why? I haven't been able to see any of the games myself, so I don't know where the problem is. Is it still Carr just growing into the NFL? (12 Tds / 11 Ints) Or is the O-Line not protecting him enough? Sometimes play calling can be a factor. I know his WRs are young. (3rd year pro for Gaffney, 2nd year pro for both Johnson and Armstrong.) Is it just growing pains for a fairly young offense in general?

I have A.Johnson in my keeper league, and while he has been getting the yards, (1018 so far...) he hasn't been getting the TDs, (5 as of week 13). Will Carrs TD production increase, increasing Johnsons by default? Or does Houston need to change some things around a bit.

Any input / oppinions are appreciated. Just trying to get some discussion going.

Thanks,

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrtexansfan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:20 am

The Texans passing game has been lacking due to many factors... growing pains, o-line,Gaffney not playing up to potential, Carr learning and some question play calling. I believe it is improving and will continue to improve. Last year the o-line started useing a new scheme (zone blocking) and that will be better this year and they are either going to select a receiver or an o-lineman in either case it should offer improvement or at least needed depth at those key positions. You mentioned Armstrong and he has really impressed the team with his hands and will compete for the 2nd spot or 3rd if they draft w/r. Andre has shown very solid play and will only improve as well. I would love nothing more then for them to move up in the first and get Braylon Edwards in which case they as solid of a offensive unit as most but i doudt that will happen but i can dream!!!!!! Feel free to PM me for any questions or comments you have about the Texans!
mrtexansfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby assclown » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:00 pm

mrtexansfan wrote:The Texans passing game has been lacking due to many factors... growing pains, o-line,Gaffney not playing up to potential, Carr learning and some question play calling. I believe it is improving and will continue to improve. Last year the o-line started useing a new scheme (zone blocking) and that will be better this year and they are either going to select a receiver or an o-lineman in either case it should offer improvement or at least needed depth at those key positions. You mentioned Armstrong and he has really impressed the team with his hands and will compete for the 2nd spot or 3rd if they draft w/r. Andre has shown very solid play and will only improve as well. I would love nothing more then for them to move up in the first and get Braylon Edwards in which case they as solid of a offensive unit as most but i doudt that will happen but i can dream!!!!!! Feel free to PM me for any questions or comments you have about the Texans!

good points, I just picked up Carr in a dynasty for Bulger and his rookie draft pick... I see big things for Carr one day.. the day they get him a real #2 wr
assclown
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Keyser_WV » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:25 am

assclown wrote:
mrtexansfan wrote:The Texans passing game has been lacking due to many factors... growing pains, o-line,Gaffney not playing up to potential, Carr learning and some question play calling. I believe it is improving and will continue to improve. Last year the o-line started useing a new scheme (zone blocking) and that will be better this year and they are either going to select a receiver or an o-lineman in either case it should offer improvement or at least needed depth at those key positions. You mentioned Armstrong and he has really impressed the team with his hands and will compete for the 2nd spot or 3rd if they draft w/r. Andre has shown very solid play and will only improve as well. I would love nothing more then for them to move up in the first and get Braylon Edwards in which case they as solid of a offensive unit as most but i doudt that will happen but i can dream!!!!!! Feel free to PM me for any questions or comments you have about the Texans!

good points, I just picked up Carr in a dynasty for Bulger and his rookie draft pick... I see big things for Carr one day.. the day they get him a real #2 wr

Boy did you get robbed big time with that trade. Bulger was just under 4000 yards last year and missed some games.

Bulger will have a much better career than Carr. He's just as talented and is in a pass oriented offense.

I like Carr but not as a fantasy QB. Houston doesn't seem like they will ever put up huge numbers.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Houston Texans