roy williams: bust - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

roy williams: bust

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:12 am

Azrael wrote:Clayton is going to give the Burger a run for his money.

I doubt it. The media has been drooling over this kid forever. I think Clayton is the better ROY candidate, but Ben will get it because he's a rookie QB.

PortisFan24 wrote:how can you call him a bust? he performed much higher than his ADP would indicate. If anythings, hes somewhat of a sleeper.

Early in the season maybe. I dunno about the last... 10 games or so.

And why are you portisfan24, why not 26 like his uniform number?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ydub » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:47 am

I think you guys are forgetting who's throwing him the football...Harrington threw for 47 yards...THE ENTIRE GAME. Roy will end up being the stud of 2004 rookie class. Top 3 WR in 2 years...bank on it.
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Chopper » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:07 am

Roy is no longer even the SECOND best fantasy rookie wideout.

Lee Evans has quietly passed him by with one more TD, one less fumble lost and nearly as many receiving yards.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:06 am

Someone offered me Droughns for him, I'm happy and in 2nd in that league ;-D
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Meatwad » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:54 am

Yeah - Joey Harrington is the bust, which makes all receivers around him awful.
Meatwad
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:36 am

Just watching Roy all season it's easy to see that the man has a ton of talent. The 2 things holding him down are 4 of 22 for 47 yards Harrington, a QB with decent back-up potential, and some very poor offensive schemes that fail to take advantage of Roy's gifts. The Lions run crappy sit down routes and SHORT routes (I'm thinking because Mariucci knows Joey can't throw the deep ball). They rarely throw long slants that would allow for Roy's speed and size to play a factor. There are also no fade routes or jumpball type plays. Let's see, the guy is about 4 inches taller than a tall CB and has great hands....hmm...nah, I don't think a fade route would work. I honestly don't know how much longer they can go with JoeyBloey Harrington behind center.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby newyorkFFaddict » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:19 am

its harringtons fault... period. the only time since he came back there was a reason to start Roy was thanksgiving, and that didnt materialize. plus, hakim and tai streets have been consistently injured (not to mention C. Rogers) so defenses had pretty much blanketed who ever was near healthy that week. Roy was my last round pick and i got the most of him when he did produce, but I havent needed to rely on him since. i drafted deep at WR with T.Holt, R.Wayne, C. Rogers, H. Ward, and then R. Williams. I anticipated the Year of the WR with the new rules but that was pretty overhyped. Nevertheless, the WR being such a volitile position, it has paid off to at least have some consistant bodies on my squad.
Hey hey, my man, my man, alright, alright
newyorkFFaddict
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chopper » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:36 pm

Roy was cold and doesn't want to get hit??

I'm not evaluating the accuracy of this since I couldn't see the game, but I thought the Packers D-Backs' comments interesting:
The Packers put Al Harris on Roy Williams and watched the rookie from Texas get taken completely out of the game.

“(Williams) looked like he was just worried about the cold, to tell you the truth,” [Bhawoh] Jue said. “I’ve seen a whole lot of tape and a lot of people are jamming him. I think Al is probably the best in the league at getting up in people’s faces and jamming them.”

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:20 pm

This is simply a spectacular rookie class; Roy, Clayton, Larry, and Lee Evans are all having good seasons for rookie WRs and Reggie Williams and Clarence Moore haven't been bad either.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:32 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:This is simply a spectacular rookie class; Roy, Clayton, Larry, and Lee Evans are all having good seasons for rookie WRs and Reggie Williams and Clarence Moore haven't been bad either.

Just in time to replace the fading 1996 draft class. ;-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting