Which of these WR will have a bigger year??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which of these WR will have a bigger year???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which of these WR will have a bigger year???

Postby chinch sacs » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:30 pm

Im looking to get 1 of these 2 Rookie WR as my #4 WR, who will come out with bigger #'s:

Andre Johnson (HOU) or Charles Rogers (DET) ? :-?
Fantasy sports are dominated by the 50-50-90 rule.
any time you have a 50/50 choice on something,
90% of the time you'll get it wrong.
chinch sacs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:35 pm

Everyone's gonna say Rogers, but my money is on Johnson. The guy is an unbelievable specimen. Size, strength, speed, he's got it all. When I look at Rogers it looks like the wind is gonna blow him over. What do you think is going to happen when a DB or LB tackles him? Not saying Rogers in going to get hurt, but I'd rather have Johnson, if for no other reason he's bigger.

Of course just because he's bigger doesn't mean squat (by bigger I don't mean height). Obviously the QBs will have a large impact as will the surrounding cast (RBs O-line etc. etc.) I just think Johnson is in a better situation. Not remarkably so but just enough for me to like him more. Call it a hunch.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:48 pm

johnson because like rook said he is bigger

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:49 pm

Yeah, I gotta say Johnson. He will probably be thrown to more.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby richwyld » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:50 pm

I guess i'm one of the everybody Because I say Rogers
richwyld
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:32 pm

i say rogers too... by a little. johnson is the sexy pick only because he isnt rogers! :-B
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:37 pm

richwyld wrote:I guess i'm one of the everybody Because I say Rogers

Yep.
Don't see any big improvements in the Houston O line from last year.
Hard for any Houston WR to make a catch when his QB is busy being sacked.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Klayman » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:40 pm

I would go with Rogers
Klayman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:53 pm

Are you in a keeper league ?? if not, let me answer this way..

Let me begin by saying ....in my particular league (20 position roster deep) of which each team is required to start 4 WR/TE slots each week .....neither Rogers or Andre Johnson will likely be drafted this year. Both obviously have talent ....and both will likely see a decent share of reps this year on their respective teams ...
but lets face it ....the odds of a rookie receiver ...even a very talented rookie receiver putting up decent fantasy numbers is rare (even the great Jerry Rice had a ho-hum first season).

But for the sake of arguement .....let me answer your question more directly ...
If I were to take a stab at a rookie receiver this year ? It would likely be Rogers .... not because I believe him to be the better athlete ....but only because I think the offense and the general attitude of the Lions show more promise for productivity than in Houston with Carr and company.
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Pick of the litter!

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:26 am

Let me grab my crystal ball, I forsee in the year 2006, The Detroit Lions vs. the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

It could happen! Carr and Harrington will always be compared, just like Rogers and Johnson. But these four guys comparisons will go on much longer than the Manning vs. Leaf did. It's a win-win situation. I have news for the NFL, the Texans will be a playoff team by 2004-2005 season. They know what they are doing and are not making many mistakes. The are following the 1989 Cowboys blueprint. 1st draft a franchise QB, then draft a franchise WR the next year, then a franchise RB the 3rd. Hell, they are ahead of the schedule by taking Tony Hollings in the supplemental draft. He would of went 1st round if not for his injury and might of pulled off a McGahee if he knew he would not be let back in to Georgia Tech. Anyway, go with the one you prefer or like best. Both have great talent.

Here's the lowdown: Rogers 6'3" 205lbs 4.3. makes great catches and has great hands, tall and fast. He does not run the best routes and is a little undecipline at times.

Andre Johnson - 6'2" 230lbs and runs a 4.3 Andre is stronger and looks like a Owens-Boston type of build. He runs very polished routes and is a good down field blocker. His downfall are his hands. He is not as natural of a catcher as Rogers. He even dropped a TD pass against Denver last Saturday night. But he is working hard and will improve in that area.

Both are great. I think both will be in the Pro Bowl soon. I think Rogers might get a lot of double coverage b/c only Hakim and Schroader are out there with him, but Andre better in the long run b/c Bradford and Gaffeny will take a little of the pressure off and Carr is very accurate. Good Luck.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk