Oh my lord Ramsey. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Oh my lord Ramsey.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oh my lord Ramsey.

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:54 pm

Why would you throw it when it wasn't wide open. You had a three point deficit. A TD would be nice, but you can't give the other team an easy INT.

You just lost your team the game. Congratufrickinlations. :-t :-t :-t

Unless it gets overturned.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Oh my lord Ramsey.

Postby Chopper » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:59 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:You just lost your team the game.

Worse yet, he probably lost his team.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby squiggles » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:59 pm

ya i saw that what a bad throw...shoulda just ran it or atleast a playaction
squiggles
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:00 am

what could possibly be going thorugh his head as he throws that? DOes he have tht much fith in cooley? Maybe he saw that heap ctach earlier and thought cooley could do it too :-?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:01 am

I have no problem throwing it in that spot, but it had to be an easy throw with little chance of a pick. He did not do that. He threw into double coverage where two Eagles could have intercepted the ball. What sense does that make? If it's not there, throw it away, try again, and if you can't get it, tie the game with the FG.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:02 am

who is calling plays for the skins?

whoever it is, including gibbs, should be fired. immediately.

you've got two minutes, down 3, and a running back who is playing well, especially on the outside. So your play calls are all passes, or inside runs? The Eagles have stopped looking run at all, they have no need to. This is just stupid, the pass AND the play call.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:08 am

Yeah, very poor decision.

Gotta throw some blame on Cooley too, he just stood there and watched them pick it off. It looked like there was some seperation, but he slowed down and didn't even try to play DB for the second. Even when I play intramural football (flag, not tackle) they'll rape the DB before they let it get picked off. It looked like he could've easily hacked Dawkins' arms (whether before or after the ball got there, it doesn't matter a penalty is better than an INT), but he didn't even try.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:11 am

it was a horrible decision and a horrible throw. he tried to force it into double coverage for no reason. maybe he cant count or something and thought they needed more than a field goal. especially worse that it was on first down. i feel sorry for all redskins fans, that stupid pass cost them a well played game.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:12 am

the craziest thing about that whole deal was the fact that the BEST thing the Skins get out of that play is a 4 point lead, having to give the ball back to Donovan with 2 minutes to go having just lost your best corner for the game.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishclown » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:21 am

the craziest thing about that whole deal was the fact that the BEST thing the Skins get out of that play is a 4 point lead, having to give the ball back to Donovan with 2 minutes to go having just lost your best corner for the game.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!

What the F are you talking about. Are you saying that you wouldn't want to score a TD in that scenerio??? Because it would give Mcnabb (who by the way had 2-3 good drives the whole game) a chance to score?? Dude every skins fan in the world would want a TD, what the F would you want, to run the clock down and kick a FG to TIE the game. That was probably the dumbest post I've ever read. Congrats bro, you take the cake!!

Yeah it was a bad throw, but scoring a TD would have been great donkey...
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting