Oh my lord Ramsey. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Oh my lord Ramsey.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:35 am

Looks like I fell asleep and missed an interesting 2nd half.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cooner » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:02 am

irishclown wrote:
the craziest thing about that whole deal was the fact that the BEST thing the Skins get out of that play is a 4 point lead, having to give the ball back to Donovan with 2 minutes to go having just lost your best corner for the game.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!

What the F are you talking about. Are you saying that you wouldn't want to score a TD in that scenerio??? Because it would give Mcnabb (who by the way had 2-3 good drives the whole game) a chance to score?? Dude every skins fan in the world would want a TD, what the F would you want, to run the clock down and kick a FG to TIE the game. That was probably the dumbest post I've ever read. Congrats bro, you take the cake!!

Yeah it was a bad throw, but scoring a TD would have been great donkey...

no, what i would like to do is use the entire two minutes to get into the end zone. I'm not saying a TD would be a bad thing, I'm saying there was no need to risk bombing the ball into the end zone. I'm saying whoever called that play put a bad QB in a bad situation, allowing him to make a bad decision. I'm saying you're not in desperation mode where you need two scores, or there's 10 seconds left on the clock and you're taking one last shot at the end zone. I'm saying it was a bad call because, even if it plays out the best possible way, it is not the best scenario to leave your team in. Frankly, I don't care HOW bad McNabb was all game, he's still a QB that can easily drive the distance of the field and score in 2 minutes, and if I don't need to risk it, I don't. This isn't to say that I would rather take a field goal than the TD as you suggest, or even to say that if it was a TD, I wouldn't be thrilled. But it was a very stupid call, one that, even if it worked (despite the incredilbly low percentage chance of asking a QB who hasn't tossed a nice long ball all game long to toss a perfect ball to the corner of the end zone) could have backfired. If the other option is safer, easier, and more likely to leave your team in a position to win, it's not too hard for me to decide.

The point of my (second) post was to point out the possibility of poor clock management being another reason it was a bad play, not to say a TD would be a bad thing. If you're not bright enough to figure that out, I apologize- I'll be more clear next time I'm bashing stupidity, as the blows may fall too close to home for some of the readers...
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:17 am

Free Bagel wrote:Yeah, very poor decision.

Gotta throw some blame on Cooley too, he just stood there and watched them pick it off.

Whle you have a valid point, Cooley shouldn't get any blame. When you have Portis, Coles, & Gardner and you call a play to a short, slow, rookie tweener(too slow to be a RB, too small for a TE) to win the game. A nice topper for what has been a season of abysmal play calling in a terrible system constructed by an over the hill coach. Gibbs deserves all of the credit.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting