springs=puss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

springs=puss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: springs=puss

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:08 am

Big Pimpin' wrote:i've played many sports where people got concussions and they actually finish the game.
i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority......

There's never a hampster around when you need one!

While it's true that there have been many who have played with a concussion, and that they have been praised for their toughness, they were/are fools. When the brain suffers a concussion, caused by the brain hitting the skull hard enough to cause injury, it is very suseptable to further concussion and increased damage, exponentially. And due to the damage already done it doesn't have to be the NFL highlight films, decleating type of hit that we all know and love, even normal football contact will put the player at risk for further concussing. The swelling that comes with the concussion might not be bad enough to cause permenant damage, but further concussing will increase swelling and increase the odds of cell death. And even football players don't have enough un-used brain cells to spare.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby newyorkFFaddict » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:26 am

let's redeem this thread...

PINKSTON = PUNK!

Who saw that bail out on the first play?

What about a couple weeks ago when he didn't want to get leveled by the defense... this guy is a pansy.

And the play before TO fumbled this week.. Pinkston should have scored if he hadn't lost control of himself for actually running hard. I dislike the eagles but it pisses me off more to see such a feminine football player.

TODD PINKSTON IS A PUNK
Hey hey, my man, my man, alright, alright
newyorkFFaddict
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby citti34 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:16 pm

WOW. Playing football in Madden is hardly the samething turd. A hit like that is a very serious issue. I doubt you have ever played football, but to get hit, and then wake up on the field, medical attention is needed. I will change this post to
Good Job Springs, giving the fans a thumbs up. ...........
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: springs=puss

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:00 pm

Big Pimpin' wrote:i'm sorry. but just because springs got lit up does not mean he can sit on the field and act like he is hurt. he's a pussy. and i'm actually a springs fan.....
i've played many sports where people got concussions and they actually finish the game.
i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority......

You make no sense once so ever and should not be allowed to make anymore stupid comments ever again! How ignorant can u be. Concussions are serious and could be life threating! And he is supposed to just get up and play after that! Thats just crazy!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:01 pm

Look at Troy Aikman. This man could have been killed by the many concussions he away having. That's why the Cowboys released him, and why he retired.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting