I want to dedicate a post to Darrell Jackson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I want to dedicate a post to Darrell Jackson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:03 pm

One of the gutsier performances I've seen, I built up a lot of respect for D-Jax this weekend.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:39 pm

He did a great job under trying circumstances - and his dad had the best seat in the house to watch him!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Challie » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:37 pm

I'm not saying this to sound cynical - but I really don't find it "courageous" to play under those circumstances. From my own experience with my own dad's prolonged death, I played a gig in a band the day he died - it wasn't courageous. It was a relief to have something else to focus on, even for just a couple of hours.

In that situation, I think it's a real blessing for Jackson to have an outlet and something else to focus on whereas he's been preoccupied with a horrible situation in his family.

It was great that he played and that he played well. I feel for his family, and it brings a little smile to my face knowing that the family admist their grief got to watch Darrell have a terrific game.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk