Best defenses for week 15 - updated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best defenses for week 15 - updated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:56 pm

I have the Steelers D, so I have no problems.

Oh wait, I have Tiki Barber too...

:~(
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:02 pm

If McCown starts for Cleveland, then SD is a good play. Holcomb might start and you never know what he is going to do. 5 Td's or 5 INT's...who knows.

I think I like the Washington matchup better. 49'ers were able to run pretty well against Zona with Hicks. They won't be as fortunate against the Skins and will be forced to pass.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Ben_ffc » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:27 pm

i think one of the most intriguing match-ups is bills @ my bengals.

bills run d has been incredible, and, although you really shouldn't count the cleveland game, the pass d has stepped up, too. they could completely shut down the bengals, or the bengals could do to them what they've done to everyone else, which is turn it into a points-fest.

what do you guys think? buffalo a good start?

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:51 pm

Ben wrote:i think one of the most intriguing match-ups is bills @ my bengals.

bills run d has been incredible, and, although you really shouldn't count the cleveland game, the pass d has stepped up, too. they could completely shut down the bengals, or the bengals could do to them what they've done to everyone else, which is turn it into a points-fest.

what do you guys think? buffalo a good start?

b

Buffalo is a great play this week IMO. Palmer is dinged and Kitna may get the start. Even if Cincy scores a few times, Buffalo always seems to find other ways to score (kickoff & punt returns, etc). I didn't know this, but they are ranked 2nd in FF points scored this year (in my Yahoo league)....only 16 points behind Baltimore.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:53 pm

1crzydmnd wrote:I didn't know this, but they (Buffalo) are ranked 2nd in FF points scored this year (in my Yahoo league)....only 16 points behind Baltimore.

Same here, only it is a 7 point differential in my league.

I have both Buffalo at DEF and Terrence McGee at DB. What a great combo.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:25 pm

i have both baltimore and the jets..i dont like either matchup and its horrible timing since in my money league it is my super bowl (i HAVE to win this week) both indy and san diego are on waivers..and im seriously thinking about snagging one of them. im a little nervous about the ravens offense against indy..they looked really good last week, and with heap on fire they should generate some points. im leaning towards san diego, but i have a feeling the browns might come out with a vengence after their beat-down this week. who knows...all i know is that this is killing me, all my other matchups are cake at least!!!
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lsufan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:51 pm

Another vote for San Diego. That is who im likely going to start this weekend.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:57 pm

man i just noticed washington is available also..now its gotta be between san diego and washington....man thats a tossup :~(
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AsianChexMix » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:20 am

I don't know about San Diego but in Washington, Shawn Springs has a concussion and according to the local reports (since they are my local team), he may not play. I am playing them this week just because even if they don't, they are playing SF....
AsianChexMix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WhiZa » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:25 am

Does anyone really think Clevland will come back with vengance with the team they have? 3rd String QB, 2nd string RB, and 2nd string coach. They'll be happy to break triple digits in total yards this week.

I'm going with SD. Springs is out (doubtful) for Washington, and they just placed Jason Doering on IR. SD hasn't had any serious injuries to their defense in 2 weeks.

I think Hicks is the next Goings and should put up points against Wash... yea I said it :)
help me pls!
WhiZa
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk