Best defenses for week 15 - updated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best defenses for week 15 - updated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby defianthart » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:45 am

well hicks will be sharing carries with barlow this week and he has a rib injury. and even without springs the redskins held the eagles sunday night. the redskins are a pretty big run stopping force(especially if arrington comes back this week) and i dont think the 49ers will be able to anything on the ground and will force dorsey to start throwing the ball up.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AsianChexMix » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:32 pm

Also, another reason I am starting them is because I'm playing my friend this week and Washington is our local team...I wanna brag and say I beat him with Washington's defense...if this happens, I will cry like a little girl.
AsianChexMix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:00 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Oh, to keep Indy or to switch them for Washington... :-?

Baltimore's offense has been playing very well as of late, and now that they have Heap back, I'm even more scared. You know Baltimore's D will have a good chance of keeping down the Colts. Houston just limited them to 23 points... :-?

Washington has SF, which of course seems like a good choice. The Skins blasted the Giants the other week and held Philly under 20 points.

The main question is turnovers once again. I think PA is a bad way to gauge defenses. Washington doesn't create many turnovers; Indy has been on a tear on that front.

Other "sneakers" would be Houston against a pretty bad Bears offense or even San Diego vs. Cleveland...
I know that it pains you as much as I Mercer, but you've got to play Wash. v. the 49ers. Dorsey is in again, Hicks is banged up and Barlow has just plain sucked this year. Washington's defense does the things that are going to force the 49ers into turnovers.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:03 pm

MadScott wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Oh, to keep Indy or to switch them for Washington... :-?

Baltimore's offense has been playing very well as of late, and now that they have Heap back, I'm even more scared. You know Baltimore's D will have a good chance of keeping down the Colts. Houston just limited them to 23 points... :-?

Washington has SF, which of course seems like a good choice. The Skins blasted the Giants the other week and held Philly under 20 points.

The main question is turnovers once again. I think PA is a bad way to gauge defenses. Washington doesn't create many turnovers; Indy has been on a tear on that front.

Other "sneakers" would be Houston against a pretty bad Bears offense or even San Diego vs. Cleveland...
I know that it pains you as much as I Mercer, but you've got to play Wash. v. the 49ers. Dorsey is in again, Hicks is banged up and Barlow has just plain sucked this year. Washington's defense does the things that are going to force the 49ers into turnovers.

im sold..i picked up washington and am starting them. thanks to all for the advice, hopefully it helps win me the championship :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:18 pm

Perrsonally, the Chargers D is the best defensive start of the wekk and maybe the year. Cleveland is on its 3rd string QB and has only 1 offensive lineman that was originally supposed to be starting this year. The other two are backups and the other 2 are recently unsigned players. Plus Suggs is still out with turf toe. Wonder why they got only 17 yrds last week and gave up 8 sacks and around 16 QB pressures. Furthermore snow and wind is in the forecast so this will be low scoring with plenty of sacks and INTs. I rank SD Defense better than the Pats or anyone this week!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:45 pm

Def play of the week?

Steelers....I'm sitting pretty ;-D
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deano27 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:54 pm

So the question is do I go with SD or Wash? Right now I have Wash starting.
deano27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:29 pm

deano27 wrote:So the question is do I go with SD or Wash? Right now I have Wash starting.

im in the exact same boat.. these are really good arguments :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby POPCORN1 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:09 am

I picked up both Washington and SD. Man both sides of this argument sound great !
I'm on the fence here with this one.
This is the playoffs remember. I guess the question is which one is less risky ?

deano27 wrote:So the question is do I go with SD or Wash? Right now I have Wash starting.
POPCORN1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby cwrtlm » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:08 am

I have the Jets, Zona and Chicago which of those should I start. or should I drop Zona and pick up Houston to play against Chicago?

:-B
cwrtlm
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk