i lost because of tj duckett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

i lost because of tj duckett

Moderator: Football Moderators

i lost because of tj duckett

Postby beerman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:26 pm

4 td's and the guy on my league has the balls to start him i must have the worst luck :~( :-t. well maybe next year goodluck everyone on your winnings!
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:56 pm

Ouch. That hurts. Who did the other owner start Duckett over? If he wasn't a desperation start, that was indeed a gutsy move.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CommissionerBobHope » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:15 pm

no offense to duckett, but it was probably a desperation start. you never know what duckett will do, or anybody for the falcons for that matter.
A penny saved won't buy you anything.
CommissionerBobHope
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby defianthart » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:55 pm

well id always start duckett over dunn, if that was his other back then he just made the right move
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beerman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:16 pm

it was a desperation start for him he had priest holmes and he was out go figure :-o
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:41 pm

That's FF for you. Last week I single handedly lost to the last place team because of McNabb and Ron Curry's performances in a game that would have guaranteed me a playoff spot. Instead I'm sweating it out down until the last week...oh well, it happens sometimes.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:57 pm

wow. That's a tough way to go out. Especially if you were giggling all week that you were playing against the guy that was starting Duckett.

Sorry. Better luck next year!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:18 pm

Dec 14 Falcons' running back T.J. Duckett will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery this week to clean out debris, according to an ESPN.com report. Duckett is expected to be sidelined for at least two weeks while recovering from the surgery. With T.J. sidelined, Warrick Dunn will take the majority of the carries for the Falcons. Duckett has 96 carries for 457 yards and eight touchdowns this season.
Views: On Monday, the Falcons learned that they will be without fullback Justin Griffith for the remainder of the season due to a broken ankle. Team officials have been in contact with free agent fullback Fred McCrary and tailback Olandis Gary regarding the possibility of playing backup roles. As for Duckett, he has given fantasy owners fits this season. After scoring only two touchdowns during the first eight games of the season, he scored six times over the last five weeks, including four touchdowns in the week 14 win over the Raiders.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Return to Football Talk