What a way to go... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

What a way to go...

Moderator: Football Moderators

What a way to go...

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:58 am

We'll skip passed Antonio Gates netting me 17 yards and my opponent having two RB's team's get the ball down to the one (Dallas fumble recovery on the 1 and SF Aaron Walker 34 yard catch down to the one) to set up their RB's with cheap 1 yard TD's. I am eliminated from the playoffs for 2 reasons.

1. Overtime. I've always thought it was dumb that overtime stats counted in fantasy. Why do some players get more clock time than others? It's only fitting that my opponent would knock one of the best team's I've ever had (that was clearly better than the team I was up against) out of the playoffs by 3 points after getting 10 points out of the overtime session of the SF/Ari game.

2. Coaching philosophies. This is something I will definitely take into a heavier account from here on out after getting burned by it this week. Bell had the hot hand, and so Shanahan left him in in place of Droughns (who I was starting). Meanwhile, the same scenario occured in KC, where I had Larry Johnson averaging 15 yards per carry, yet Vermeil only gave him 7 carries. Blaylock got the cheap 1 yard TD that would've won it for me, and then put in Tony Richardson at the end with LJ averging 15 ypc. Richardson's first touch resulted in a fumble that nearly cost KC the game.

So when do those mock drafts start? ;)
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:06 am

Let's do one right now!

I'm still in the playoffs and I can't wait for mock drafts. Drafting is the most fun part of fantasy football.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tisu » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:27 am

did Droughns hurt you too? I lost by 4 points which all cam from his 2 fumbles and 1 for a lose. now I am out. :-#

I agree drafting is the best part. you see people take bad picks at times and just changes everything. For example, this year in my draft I had the 7th pick so I was looking at maybe E. James. Instead I got S. Alexander...hahaha...how was that for second pick then I landed Dillion. This is how the Draft went:

1. Holmes
2. Portis
3. L.T.
4. Moss
5. E. James
6. A. Green
7. S. Alexander

how sweet was that!!!!! ;-D

only I lost in the frist round because of Droughns fumbling and not getting another chance until late. if he could of got atleast one of those TDs that Bell got I would of been fine.
tisu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting