What might have been for Chris Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What might have been for Chris Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

What might have been for Chris Brown

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:08 am

How good might Chris Brown have been this year if not for injuring his toe? The guy seems to rack up 100 yard games by half time in most of his outings this year. Yeah, the fumbles are cause for some concern, but this is a correctable thing. He is only a 1st-year starter. Anyone think he probably wouldn't be good to finish the season w/1700-1800 yards and 12 TDs if he were healthy?
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Osk » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:33 am

i'll definitely consider drafting him early next year... although, i'll make sure to draft solid back-ups too. he's very talented.. i just wish he wouldn't get hurt all the time. :~(
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Rusman » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:16 pm

Yeah, definitely. Pretty disappointing to be that talented, and then get something like turf toe, which only heals with time.

Depending on how it goes in the offseason for him, I'd really consider drafting him again.

From a fantasy perspective, I'm lucky to have won my league this past week so I don't have to worry about anything anymore...except where to spend the money!
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:30 pm

I was really impressed when I watched Brown on Monday Night against the Chiefs. I know....who doesn't look good against the Cheifs? But even though Brown runs upright, he's got an uncanny knack to follow his blockers and make that first cut at just the right time. He also has really good leg drive to finish off the runs.

The only things that seem to need improvement is covering up the ball and healing up that toe.

He should be really good next year as well. Even if McNair isn't a factor, Volek or someone else can lead the offense to a productive season. I'm holding onto him in my keeper league.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JimmyChoi » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:17 pm

His upright running style and his lack of securing the football seem to be the reason for the ball popping out.....I think his upswing is pretty good though......I drafted him late...and I can't say he owes me anything........
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:09 pm

He would have definitely been a top 10 RB if he could have stayed healthy this year.

He killed me this week in one league. I needed him to get 9 more yds for 100 for a 3pt bonus. If he starts you can count on him till about halftime.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby JimmyChoi » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:31 pm

Azrael wrote:He would have definitely been a top 10 RB if he could have stayed healthy this year.

He killed me this week in one league. I needed him to get 9 more yds for 100 for a 3pt bonus. If he starts you can count on him till about halftime.

There in lies the problem..............I remember people posting about him being injury prone.....we'll just have to wait and see..one season certainly can't give the ultimate judgement of a player.....I took a gamble on T Jones C Brown and Q-tip......Id say Brown was the closest to a success.....among those late round picksl..
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gtabaplayr » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:36 am

i hope Brown falls to me in the 3rd round next year im willing to take the hit since i picked steve smith in the 3 round and rudi johnson in the 2nd round and im still in 3 place overall in my league going into the playoffs
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk