Conspiracy theorist?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Conspiracy theorist?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Conspiracy theorist?!?

Postby mad benjamin » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:36 am

My commish said that I was always looking for a conspiracy, but there are things which happen and appear rather seedy that I openly question, just to keep things above-board. Maybe this makes me seem like a dissenter or complainer, but I want to make sure everything happens w/in the confines of the rules.

This week, I played the guy who had Owens in his lineup and Duckett on his bench. We cannot make lineup changes from noon Sunday until Tues. @9am. Clearly, Owens was in the starting category as I had checked on the update yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon, I checked on the site for something and saw the score had changed dramatically and that Owens had been replaced w/Duckett. Fortunately, it didn't impact the outcome, but what if it had? What if something like this happens during our playoffs? The commish said that no one tampered w/ his lineup, that he was the only one who could have reset it and didn't and that I was always looking for a conspiracy.

Earlier this year, I dropped Clayton (before he was a bonafide starter) and picked up Wayne. I saw that the commish had over-ridden the ww. waiting period and picked him up a day early! I said something about this, he gave kind of a lame excuse that he thought his computer was wrong and wondered how Clayton was on ww. and that he would drop him if it made me feel better. I told him I just wanted things to be above-board.

And now this. Am I a conspiracy theorist or are these not legit complaints?
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:40 am

they're legit
the commish seems to be abusing his powers.
I commish several leagues. If I ever did something like that, I'd kick me out (not to mention that others would probably have me for dinner -- I play with cannibals).
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:06 am

yeah something fishy is going on there. For the playoffs be sure and take pics of everyones lineup (Print Screen button saves whats showing on your screen to a clipboard, paste it into word to see it) and post to your league that you are doing that to prevent the shadiness from happening to begin with.

After that, I would probably leave the league after this year
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:07 pm

That's bush league. These are legit complaints.
I would quit this league after the playoffs!
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:34 pm

before your commish starts detailing the "single bullet theory" to you ....I would strongly consider hunting down a league that does not remind us of J.Edgar Hoover

Good Luck
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Return to Football Talk