Whats up with Isaac Bruce - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats up with Isaac Bruce

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:00 pm

two weeks ago Bruce hurt himself, injuring his leg. In the past two weeks hes gotten 2 and 3 receptions, for 18 and 27 yards. This could be accounted for 3 things:

1) Bruce is still feeling the lingering effects of the injury.
2) Chandler sucks and/or he doesn't look for Bruce.
3) Hes had a bad two weeks. (the first time hes had 2 bad weeks in a row all year)

Chandler stepped in for Bulger on the 5th, when the Rams hosted the Niners. I don't remember the game fully, and how much Chandler actually played, but considering he was present for 27 passing attempts means he played a majority of the game. That was the first down week of two so far for Bruce. Neither game did he get a touchdown, to add on to the 4 hes gotten all year.

The second week he didnt fare much better. Evans on the other hand has had a td in his last 3 games (one week with 2), 6 - 4 - 4 receptions, and 70 - 110 - 33 yds. Though last week he only got 33 yards, they are finding him in the endzone.

In no way is Evans a better player, Bruce is by far superior. Its not like its Bruce's fault that Bulger went down, but I'm going to ride the hot hand while i still have the chance. Besides, playing fantasy football is about taking risks, and playing the #1 seed in our league next week in the first round of the playoffs, ill need all the luck i can get. Hes only lost 1 game this year.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:06 pm

its because of chandler... you know... the other teams most valuable player.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby venus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:08 am

Not seeing the Rams/Saints game I reviewed the play by play script and what I found surprised me. Chandler threw to Holt 8 times but actually threw to Bruce 10 times that game. Bruce also had a 52 yard td called back for holding, so Chandler is not ignoring him, just not as successful.

QB's Plummer , Hass, Bledsoe
RB's SA, Dom, Dunn
WR's Marv, Bruce, McCardell, Burleson, Keyshawn
TE's Crump, Witten
K's Elam
D Pitt
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Turnip » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:15 am

venus wrote: Chandler threw to Holt 8 times but actually threw to Bruce 10 times that game. Bruce also had a 52 yard td called back for holding, so Chandler is not ignoring him, just not as successful.

Really? That's an interesting bit of info that makes me feel better about starting Bruce
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:53 pm

Turnip wrote:
venus wrote: Chandler threw to Holt 8 times but actually threw to Bruce 10 times that game. Bruce also had a 52 yard td called back for holding, so Chandler is not ignoring him, just not as successful.

Really? That's an interesting bit of info that makes me feel better about starting Bruce

It makes it a little tougher for me, but not feel any better. Bruce was targeted 10 times right, but can he get him the ball? Yea I can go out there and play an NFL game under center, and throw the ball 50 times to my favorite receiver, that doesn't mean he'll catch any of them since i suck a$$.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby venus » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:55 pm

I hear you Prokrastinate. Since Bruce has been my second best WR this year I was worried that Chandler wasn't even looking his way, but he was, that's all I wanted to know. Hopefully this week Chandler is more accurate to Bruce because I am playing him since I rode him all year. :-o

QB's Plummer , Hass, Bledsoe
RB's SA, Dom, Dunn
WR's Marv, Bruce, McCardell, Burleson, Keyshawn
TE's Crump, Witten
K's Elam
D Pitt
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:20 pm

One of Chandler's picks was a deflected ball off Bruce's hands that should have been caught. Granted, Chandler had a HORRIBLE game last week, but some of those picks were not his fault. Bruce missed a couple opportunities (called back TD, dropped passes, etc) but that doesn't mean you want to sit him at this point in the season. Next week is a must win situation for the Rams and it is a game they should win. I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce bounced back this week against the CARDINALS even if Jeff Smoker was under center.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby tman570 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:16 pm

I agree, Bruce should bounce back this week, they are playing Arizona for christs sake. I am starting him above Moulds who pulled his annual disapearing act the last few weeks.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk