Peyton vs Ravens Def.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton vs Ravens Def....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Peyton vs Ravens Def....

Postby Mr Wizard00 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:08 pm

Who's the go to guy this week. Reed/Baxter/McCallister/Deion can all cover....Good LB's for TE's...What do you see?
Cowboy Forever
Mr Wizard00
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lightzout36 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:22 pm

i see peyton throwing one or two tds. The ravens will hopefully keep him to under 4 because i am going vs the guy who has him this week. So in that case he will prob throw for 6 tds and put me out the playoffs
Lightzout36
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:31 pm

A lot of different things can happen, but I will throw this out there: If Carson Palmer can pick your defense apart, so can Peyton Manning. (Not saying he will, just saying that he can if the right things happen)
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:42 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:A lot of different things can happen, but I will throw this out there: If Carson Palmer can pick your defense apart, so can Peyton Manning. (Not saying he will, just saying that he can if the right things happen)

thats a good point... i think manning could get 3 or 4 TDs prolly more like 3. i think he wants to break the record this week in front of the nation and at home. i think the colts playactions will keep the ravens honest and could create some big plays.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mr Wizard00 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:23 pm

Interesting point...but big plays for who? Stokley or Ed Reed ? It's hard to keep Ravens Def honest cause the front seven is so strong. This lets DB's take chances and they are good at it.
Cowboy Forever
Mr Wizard00
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DanDigital » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:27 pm

Let's not forget that Peyton hasn't gone against a top 5 passing defense ALL YEAR.... it's true that Palmer had a big game against the Ravens but its also true that the Ravens are just as amped up to shut Peyton down on national TV as Peyton is to break the record on national TV... could be an interesting game.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BigMusky » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:39 pm

Manning will not get the crazy yards to go with his TD's but playing the Ravens not stop him from throwing 3TD's. Goal line play action pass.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:18 pm

I think Manning will get it this week. I think about 250 and 3 tds...May get up to about 300 yds, but I wouldn't expect much more.

I would expect everything to fall into place for the record to get broken this week.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:12 pm

DanDigital wrote:Let's not forget that Peyton hasn't gone against a top 5 passing defense ALL YEAR.... it's true that Palmer had a big game against the Ravens but its also true that the Ravens are just as amped up to shut Peyton down on national TV as Peyton is to break the record on national TV... could be an interesting game.

ravens pass defense is in the top 10 but not the top 5.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BurnerD » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:21 pm

I would be more worried if this game was at Baltimore.

The key to this game will be keeping Manning off the field, not stopping him. If Jamal Lewis and/or Chester taylor have a big game it will limit Peyton's production.

I think 250 yards with 3TD's and a pick or two would be a realistic stat line for Peyton.

I have both Manning and Baltimore's D this week and am going to sit Balt and start Tampa vs. NO.
Reporter: "There's no I in team"

Leon: "Yeah, well there aint no we either"

TRUE
BurnerD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk