Peyton vs Ravens Def.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton vs Ravens Def....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:36 pm

Since the game is in the RCA Dome I definitely think Manning will get 3 scores this week and break the record, along with 250-270 yards.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:48 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
DanDigital wrote:Let's not forget that Peyton hasn't gone against a top 5 passing defense ALL YEAR.... it's true that Palmer had a big game against the Ravens but its also true that the Ravens are just as amped up to shut Peyton down on national TV as Peyton is to break the record on national TV... could be an interesting game.

ravens pass defense is in the top 10 but not the top 5.

Forget what the yardage rankings tell you. Baltimore is definitely a top 5 rush and pass defense.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:22 pm

that bengals game was a fluke fourth quarter colaspe by the ravens D, what did they get in the first 3 quarters, wasnt it 3 points???...id say the best peyton does is 250 with 3tds, but im guessing 250 and 2tds and edge with one is more likely. dont be surprised if this is a close game.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:02 pm

Manning was definitely flustered occassionally by Houston's pressure. The Ravens will be rabid to stay in wild card contention and they can put a ton of pressure on the QB. I say he throws 2 even and looks to break the record the following week.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby GreenBay4Life » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:25 pm

like mentioned before the key to the game is gonna be jamal lewis billick has said he will play 40-45 snaps and if needed 60 snaps. this means billick is going to run the ball every down which would make alot of sense. the easiest way to stop an offense is keep them off the field and the colts dfense cant stop the run so expect the game to be very close. i mean houston gave a blueprint last week when they kept it close until the end and look at the game dom davis had 200 all purpose yrds. the key to stoping manning is to limit his chances at making big plays and if the ravens are successful at holding the ball and killing the clock manning wont break the record this week. hopefully this works out this way but who knows bc special teams and turnovers can change the strategy.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AGENT » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:38 pm

I see Edge running for 150 yards is what I see happening!
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:59 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
DanDigital wrote:Let's not forget that Peyton hasn't gone against a top 5 passing defense ALL YEAR.... it's true that Palmer had a big game against the Ravens but its also true that the Ravens are just as amped up to shut Peyton down on national TV as Peyton is to break the record on national TV... could be an interesting game.

ravens pass defense is in the top 10 but not the top 5.

Forget what the yardage rankings tell you. Baltimore is definitely a top 5 rush and pass defense.

i agree 100%. the most important defensive stat is scoring. Ravens are 4th. and that's where i'd rank em as a defense. but as a pass defense they are not top 5. they are 7th.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:34 am

dug these stats up for you guys...

Last time these two teams played 2002 Manning on 10/13 vs Baltimore W 22-20 Yes 40 30 75.0 284yrds pass 1TD 1INT 92.1rating 17yrds rush 1 fumble

this is when they met in 2001 12/02 @Baltimore L 27-39 Yes 48 27 56.3 310yrds pass 2tds 1int 81.1rating 1 9yrds rushing 1fumble

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:47 am

So if I read that right, he threw for 284 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in the one game, and 310 yards, 2 TD's, and 1 INT in the second. Those are "normal" QB numbers against a pretty good defense. On a side note, Baltimore's franchise has lost both of their games at Indy.

Manning's average numbers against the Ravens are almost identical to the second stat line also - so close that it's not worth mentioning. I expect that line to be close to what he does this week. But, it will force Manning owners to get a decent amount of points from their other players. I don't see owners riding a 40+ point effort from Manning to their championship games.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk