Greatest fantasy collapse of all time? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greatest fantasy collapse of all time?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Greatest fantasy collapse of all time?

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:05 pm

I saw a post for greatest comeback of all time and figured I'd post the greatest collapse of all time.

I started out 7-0 in one league this season and proceeded to lose 6 in a row to finish. I managed to still get the last playoff spot and tied this week 36-36 but lost on bench points. I'm done in that league.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreenBay4Life » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:46 pm

Happened in one of my leagues this yr. 1st place team outta 12 goes into the final week of regular season plays the 10th place team. 10th place team wins and makes it into the final playoff seed 8th place. it turns out that they face each other in the 1st rd of playoffs. 1st place leads by 10 going into monday night game. 8th place team scores 11 on monday night and wins by 1pt. the 1st place team looses twice to the worst team in the playoffs and is knocked out. that is a pretty bad collapse.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby s0meguy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:02 am

I had some hard losses early in the year but I was on a tear late in the year. My last 4-5 games excluding my playoff game I was averaging about 80 points (record points in a game in my league is 100, so 80 is pretty much a guarenteed win (that record was set by me during this period)). Then my playoff game came and my team absolutely tanked it to lose me my season.

(1) Plummer/Vick
(2) Droughns/Pittman/Brown/Portis
(2) Harrison and Horn
(1) Witten/Wiggins
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mad benjamin » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:46 am

Not for me this year, but last year I started out 6-1 w/ six wins in a row and I had Ricky, Jamal and the Rams WRs carrying me (plus that time I had McNair in an MVP season), then I lost my next 5 (Ricky had tanked, I had done some trades that didn't work out, etc.) and I was in danger of not making the playoffs after being tied for first. I made a couple trades that really helped me and I acquired Fred Taylor once he picked it up, McNabb ditto, Portis and Harrison and I won my last 2 to squeak into the playoffs, where I was soundly bounced by the eventual champ.

This year looking much brighter, though, as I am 12-2 and looking pretty good heading into the playoffs (now if only they can figure out the whole Droughns/Bell saga).
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk