Follow the rules...or your gut? Words of wisdom needed! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Follow the rules...or your gut? Words of wisdom needed!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Follow the rules...or your gut? Words of wisdom needed!

Postby SwinginD » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:23 pm

People say the rule is you stick with your studs even in slumps and dont trade them for tier 2 players...but my gut says S Alexander is this year's major bust. I already have Edge and R Williams so I am thinking about cutting my losses.

One possible trade is

Jimmy Smith
Shockey
T Henry

for

S Alexander

Helps at TE position and at WR but still seems like I would be giving up too soon. Should I do the trade or stick it out for awhile?
SwinginD

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:26 pm

That trade is almost too good to pass on,however if your thinking about giving up on Alexander,he has just had a sucessful minor eye surgery,this could improve his field vision,I know that's kinda reaching,but you can't call a guy a fantasy bust after only 2 weeks.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwinginD » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:14 pm

There is no harm in holding on to him when I can throw Edge and Williams out every week but I would like to trade on eof my backs to improve at WR and TE

What is legit to ask for in return for Alexander at this point...nobody is going to give up another stud due to his poor performance so far.
SwinginD

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:26 pm

You can disagree if you want but it's week 3,keep Ricky yes but wouldn't it suck if you traded Alexander & Edge's knee blew out again,whereas Alexander may just be finding himself this year.it could go either way.Just my opinion...if you absolutely need help that bad,this early,I would trade Edge 'cause of his knee.Can't you find a free-agent WR,I'm sure there's a couple decent ones out there.I'd hate to see you trade a top draft pick away after only a couple weeks,then need him later.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:09 pm

Sorry Gutpuppy, but I disagree with you full-heartedly. The trade for Alexander is one that you should not pass up on. You are being offered a RB (Henry), who will have a good year, a WR (J.Smith), who is one of the best WR to have and Shockey, who is improving each week.

Take the trade, You still have williams, edge and you'll have Henry. You can make the points up with Ricky Williams and Henry. This will leave you the luxury of trading a decent WR to get a good back-up RB.
I would jump all over that trade offer.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Take the Trade

Postby Beaker » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:16 pm

Even if S. Alexander were having a good start, I'd take the trade. I'd jump on it! I can't believe there is even a question here...
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Take the Trade
Beaker
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joe_montana » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:20 pm

I love nothing more than a large collection of stud RB's, but even I would make this trade. R. Williams is the top fantasy back through 2 games, and Edge is great. This seems to be a pretty good trade for you.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:20 pm

Right on Beaker ;-D
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwinginD » Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:46 pm

Thanks for the advice. I do think it is a good deal...just needed some reassurance and a little nudge!
SwinginD

Return to Football Talk