STFU, Kevan Barlow - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

STFU, Kevan Barlow

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:07 am

The Black Hole wrote:
I also want to add that the stat line in the game does not always reflect the effort of the player on his team. If Barlow shows up and works hard every day in practice, is a good teammate etc, but then gets screwed in games because his line doesnt perform and his team falls way behind and takes him out of the game...well..that certainly isnt his fault.

It sounds like you are closer to the 49er situation than I am, but I have watched Barlow several times this year. The picture I have of him this year is not a guy twisting and fighting for every yard, not a guy who's breaking tackles to get back to the line of scrimmage, but a guy who runs into the line and falls down. Yeah the O-line is very important but a good back will occasionally overcome a bad line and create on his own, something I haven't seen happen much with Barlow.

Now we have Hicks, behind the same line, pick up 139 yards. Yeah, it's against a bad ARI D, but Barlow has played against bad defenses too and hasn't risen to this level. So for whatever reason it looks like Hicks has overcome the bad O-line and their poor coaching/ownership and has produced on the field. For Barlow to say he's "earned" the starting spot is a crock, I don't care if he worked hard in practice or not.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:30 am

not to mention that the comment is having your cake and eating it too. He gets to criticize managment, then try and claim to be a team player.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby newyorkFFaddict » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:41 pm

roninmedia wrote:No thanks to you Mr. Barlow. You've stunk up my team this season, but luckily I have Mr. Hicks who has earned the right to star over you on my fantasy squad. I hope you support my decisions because I have a better record (10-4) than Mr. Erickson (2-11).

LOL f'in great
Hey hey, my man, my man, alright, alright
newyorkFFaddict
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:14 pm

no1cowboysfan Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's wrong with those comments? He expressed his desire to start, but wisely chose not to stir anything up. I like it...

And let's remember people, SF had no line last year, and in the offseason, they let their only good player go: Stone. So Barlow's stats might have a little to do with that. Hicks running down Arizona is no great feat to me. Well see how he does against the Deadskins.

Nice jab at TO :)
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby vitalogist » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:43 am

so who else has dropped their 2nd round pick? i finally did it this week to pick up larry johnson - after having to see his name on my bench all season. WHAT A BUST. oh well, just gives more credence to a 10-3 record, even with that great draft choice....
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk