Teyo Johnson??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Teyo Johnson???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Teyo Johnson???

Postby bspel55 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:41 pm

Yes yes.... i am asking a question about a TE.... and possibly a weak TE... actually im just curious to see if ne1 else has heard about a possibly MAJOR sleeper... Teyo Johnson...

Aug 5 Second-round rookie tight end Teyo Johnson is drawing rave reviews in training camp, and some are even comparing him to Chiefs' Pro Bowler Tony Gonzalez. "You play against a lot of arrogant people in the NFL, and you need a little confidence to cool'em down," fellow tight end Roland Williams told the Oakland Tribune. "Teyo has that. I think Teyo's going to be great."

Views: Teyo has been catching everything in camp and impressing coaches with his head. He is up from 250 to 262 pounds, as he makes the transition from college wideout to pro tight end. He also has been surprisingly solid with his blocking. Doug Jolley better watch his back

That was an article i have found and i was just wondering if i should put any stock into it and drop one of my worse players for Teyo Johnson???
bspel55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LeftyQB » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:56 pm

Jolley is still the man at TE for Oakland. I wouldn't jump too early unless you have a player you really don't need and want to put him im the bank just in case.
Below is a quote from camp:

TE Teyo Johnson, who's been all over the field in camp, had a solid game with two catches for 41 yards. He also did a decent job with his blocking. Advice to Roland Williams: Don't grow any roots in the bay area. Johnson would be a trendy sleeper at TE if not for the presence of starter Doug Jolley.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Enoch » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:12 pm

I got him very late in my dynasty league. I don't see much from him this year. I do think he will be very good in the red zone next year. He may get a few this year, but not a lot

I am very high on him for 2004 ;-D
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joester » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:01 pm

I agree with Enoch that he should not produce much this season but look out next seaosn. He should be good for around 200 yards and 2 TDs this year but theres no telling how good he could be next season. He is a pretty good late round sleeper in dynasty leagues
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SinCity » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:29 am

I don't see many pts comming from him this year either.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk