Anybody want to do a MOCK YAHOO 12 Team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anybody want to do a MOCK YAHOO 12 Team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anybody want to do a MOCK YAHOO 12 Team?

Postby Challie » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:18 pm

Hi,

Just trying to do a quick 12-Team Yahoo league - FOR MOCK PURPOSES ONLY (we will NOT be playing this league this season).

If anybody is interested, go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1 ...

It'll be an auto-draft so you need to edit your rankings the Yahoo way there. Go as deep as you want with ratings ... I'll have mine going all 15 rounds. (I'm pretty sure it's standard that Yahoo will fill your needs first, i.e. a pick for a 2nd QB won't go through until you get your 3WRs, 2RBs, 1TE, 1K and 1DEF ... can someone confirm or deny that?)

League ID# is 353599
Password is mock (all lower case)

POSITIONS: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench
SCORING: Yahoo standard performance

Once we've got 12 teams in, I'll enable the autodraft - sometimes there can be a day or two delay from activation to draft, but we should have a nice completed mock within a few days, I should think.

Hope 11 of you out there want to try it.

By the way, great site here (1st post, but read this & the baseball counterpart religiously). Good esprit de corps.

- Challie
Challie

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jjigglers » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:04 pm

im in, im polishing my mock draft theory.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tjhksig » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:53 pm

Doing a mock draft in autodraft mode is pointless the way Yahoo picks for you; you gotta do a live draft.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Challie » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:06 pm

I'm in a recurring Yahoo League with friends; the pride's bigger than the $$.

And while I agree that the way Yahoo dictates the picks for you is odd, for anybody who's actually going to play a Yahoo league - a mock draft seems useful to help you know where your guys are going to fall (e.g. how far down in your list can you afford to keep your sleepers). It seems like something you can refine, even though it's not as pure as good old fashioned fantasy football the way our grandfathers played it. :-/

Or at least that's just my goofy opinion.

Is there anybody else out there who plays Yahoo? Are you able to get the guys you want with that odd autodraft? Definitely a different strategy than my money league.

I'll activate the mock draft listed above soon. If we're short some players, I'll add some dummy teams - perhaps one using Yahoo rankings, another CBS, another ESPN - til we have 12.
Challie

Friendliness: %

Postby joester » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:06 pm

Ive got an autodrafted yahoo league and you usually get your sleepers if you rank them high enough but other than that mock drafts suck. Yahoo picks according to your ranks but for some reason when you review the draft results the pick picks are never how oyu would like them to be. Yahoo also does fill your needs first.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk