my christmas story - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

my christmas story

Moderator: Football Moderators

my christmas story

Postby Purple_Pride » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:18 pm

sorry i need to vent. so its what? 8 days till Christmas. i just lost my job today. i owe $480 to my car payment next week. $197 to insurance. $300 to my license. $200 to my loan. plus $112 to my credit card all prior to new years. i also havent started christmas shopping. i will get one cheque for appoximately $900 on Tuesday. so if we add that up it leaves me exactly -$390 dollars till i find another job. i have about $4 bucks to my name at the moment. i have a job interview on monday at a local ford dealer selling cars but who knows wher that goes and how that pays. but its crazy, last week everything was awesome. family was good. work was good. life was good. suddenly one thing changes and it all seems to fall apart and at the worst time of year too. i dont know the point of posting this but i just felt like getting it off my chest, maybe someone else has a feel good story to cheer me up. haha. anyways guys, enjoy what you have, dont take it for granted. Merry Christmas to everyone! ;-D
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:37 pm

dude that sucks man.

Hope everything works out for you, good luck at the interview
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:38 pm

If it makes you feel better my girlfriend dumped me right before thanksgiving, which is obviously right before xmas too (or close to) and my bday. She did this a couple weeks after our 3 year anniversary and her bday. Awesome :-t
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:10 pm

hey man im sorry about that, thats horrible. in 1998, when i was 13, my dad died on christmas eve, thats sorta ruined the holidays for me, so i know what youre going through. but the important thing about the holidays is youre surrounded with your family. try to enjoy christmas and good luck with your interview. happy holidays!
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:10 pm

Any chance on being able to take the bus instead of your car?

Sell it and get out of our pmt and the insurance.

Most people hate the idea of that...but if the choice is incumber yourself till you get a job with transportation, or incumber yourself by incurred debt....there's no option.

Hope things start lookin up...
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:36 pm

I agree with Aww. Sell your car and you get some cash, plus you dont have to make a monthly insurance payment on it.

Hope things work out for you. It seems that people always lose their jobs close to the holidays.

I'm rootin' for ya man!
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:40 pm

man, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get the job PP. Good luck and i'll be praying for you.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Arlo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:54 pm

Very sorry to hear that, Pride. Hope the interview goes well and things return to normal.

Let us know - we're certainly rooting for you.

And defiant, you're not alone. I lost my father on Christmas Eve, too. :,-(
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple_Pride » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:30 am

awwchrist wrote:Any chance on being able to take the bus instead of your car?

Sell it and get out of our pmt and the insurance.

Most people hate the idea of that...but if the choice is incumber yourself till you get a job with transportation, or incumber yourself by incurred debt....there's no option.

Hope things start lookin up...

normally i would seriously cnsider this move as it obviously would make a lot of finacial sense in most cases but in my case, not so much. i just bought the car brand new about 2 months ago. this week will be my 2nd payment so to sell it now, i would lose thousands of dollars that i would still have to pay. i do think i am going to take off the insurance though and save on that and gas until i find another job. i appreciate the thoughts and prayers from yall. im sure things will work out. Definat, IM sorry to hear about your father, things like that are never easy to deal with.
Merry Christams to everyone here.
atleast the Vikes won!
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tman570 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:09 pm

Sorry to hear about that its a bummer. I learned an important lesson when it comes to money and jobs. I was laid off and it came out of the blue, thank god I had an emergency fund to cover 3 months bills till i found something else. I know this idea is not very ussfull now but maybe it might help in the future.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to General Talk