Priest or Portis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest or Portis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest or Portis

Postby bill » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:12 pm

who do u think will have a better season?
bill
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby yoda83 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:17 pm

wow. a loaded question. i'm picking 5th this year, so i've been thinking about this one. truthfully, i can see either one of them having the better season (even the best season overall), but i think i would take portis before priest. beyond the hip issue, i think priest's stats will probably drop off from last year's while portis' numbers have more room for an increase. i know i'm not sayin a whole lot, but as of this minute, i'd feel safer taking clinton.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Orange and Blue » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:20 am

I've always been 100% behind CP. He put up amazing numbers in 12 starts in his rookie year. He is not returning from injury, he's running behind the BEST running O-Line in the history of the NFL, behind the BEST blocking reciever (McCaffrey), as well as the best blocking reciever corps (McC, Smith, Sharpe), and Shannahan and Davis both think he's super-keen (Shannahan is probably one of the best judges of RBs I've ever seen). To top it all, he's only playing 4 games against teams that had a top 10 run defense last year, and his quarterback is unproven (which means more touches for him).
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:21 am

I'm going to say Portis on this one. I think he will definitely be in the top three in points and I think that injuries will hamper Holmes' numbers.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

CP

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:56 am

I also agree. Clinton Portis is less of an injury risk and is a beast. I love Priest but his hip, age and contract is troublesome. I'd go even more with CP is it's a keeper league.

good luck.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joester » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:33 pm

PORTIS all the way............Until Holmes shows me a play that reminds me of last season and gets signed I will not be a believer
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk